9 April to 15 April 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like new water ATM policy, Project Dhoop and Ganga Hariteema Yojana among others.
1. Which state government has issued a protocol to confirm brain death cases?
2. FSSAI launched Project Dhoop recently to address deficiency of which Vitamin amongst youngsters?
a) Vitamin C
b) Vitamin D
c) Vitamin K
d) Vitamin K12
3. The government of which state will be starting free chemotherapy units for cancer patients?
c) Uttar Pradesh
4. Which navigation satellite was launched by ISRO recently?
5. Which state government launched the Ganga Hariteema Yojana?
d) Uttar Pradesh
6. Which airport entered the club of the top 20 airports across the world, as per the Airport Council International’s preliminary report on airport traffic for 2017?
a) John F. Kennedy International Airport
b) Indira Gandhi International Airport
c) Atlanta Airport
d) Hong Kong Airport
7. Which state government has launched water ATM policy for urban areas?
b) Madhya Pradesh
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
8. Which sportsperson has been named UN World Tourism organization’s tourism ambassador?
a) PV Sindhu
b) Lionel Messi
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Serena Williams
9. Which gulf nation has approved a law on equal wages for men and women?
b) Saudi Arabia
10. Which city hosted the first International conference on Water, Environment and Climate Change?
11. Which team event was dominated by India in both men’s and women’s category?
a) Table Tennis
12. Which city hosted a scientific convention on the occasion of the World Homoeopathy Day?
b) New Delhi
Answers with Explanation
1. (b) Kerala
The state government of Kerala has issued guidelines to be followed to confirm brain death cases. The guidelines were drawn on the basis of a directive of the Kerala High Court to put an end to the concerns and doubts of the public related to the procedures of organ donations of deceased and transplantation.
2. (b) Vitamin D
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has launched a unique initiative ‘Project Dhoop’ to encourage schools to shift their morning assembly to around noon-time, mainly between 11 am to 1 pm, to ensure maximum absorption of Vitamin D in students through natural sunlight.
3. (a) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra state government is going to start free chemotherapy units for cancer patients in selected district hospitals. The move aims to ease the travelling and lodging problems of cancer patients who come to Mumbai's Tata Memorial Hospital in Parel for their treatment.
4. (d) IRNSS-1L
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on April 12, 2018 launched the navigation satellite IRNSS-1L. The satellite was put into orbit on the PSLV-C41 rocket from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in coastal Andhra Pradesh.
5. (d) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Government launched the Ganga Hariteema Yojana (also known as Ganga Greenery scheme) in 27 districts of the state located on the bank of river Ganga. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched the scheme at Allahabad.
6. (b) Indira Gandhi International Airport
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport entered the club of the top 20 airports across the world, as per the Airport Council International’s preliminary report on airport traffic for 2017, published on April 9, 2018.
7. (c) Haryana
The state government of Haryana has launched water ATM policy to provide clean drinking water at public places to the people of the state. The municipalities have been given the responsibility of identifying public places such as bus-stands, railway stations, parks, bus stops, parking areas and markets to start the installation of water ATMs.
8. (b) Lionel Messi
The UN World Tourism Organization announced on April 9, 2018 that it has appointed Argentina’s football star Lionel Messi as its ambassador to promote responsible tourism. The move comes as the body steps up its campaign to minimise the harm that tourism can cause to the environment and historical sites.
9. (c) UAE
The Cabinet of United Arab Emirates (UAE) has approved the issuance of law on Equal Wages and Salaries for men and women. The new law will ensure equal pay for men and women working in the country. It will provide women with equal opportunities as partners in the UAE's development.
10. (b) Kathmandu
The first international conference on ‘Water, Environment and Climate Change: Knowledge Sharing and Partnership’ was inaugurated in Kathmandu, Nepal on April 10. The impact of climate change is increasing with each passing day and is especially alarming for nations such as Nepal as its glaciers and snow capped mountains are melting.
11. (a) Table Tennis
India swept the table tennis team events of the Commonwealth Games as the men matched the women to claim a memorable gold with an emphatic 3-0 win over Nigeria in the final on April, 9, 2018. It is the first time since the sport’s induction into the Commonwealth Games’ program that India has topped both categories.
12. (b) New Delhi
A two-day scientific convention was organised in New Delhi by Ministry of AYUSH on the occasion of World Homoeopathy Day on 10-11th April 2018. Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the event. The day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann.