Weightlifter Deepak Lather won Gold in 2015 Commonwealth Youth Games
Indian athletes have clinched three gold medals and a silver medal in the ongoing Commonwealth Youth Games at Apia, Samoa.
Indian weightlifters Deepak Lather on 8 September 2015 won a gold medal in the 62 kg category of the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Games (CYG) being held in Apia, Samoa.
This was India’s second gold in weightlifting after Jamjang Deru (17-year-old) who won a gold medal in the 56 kg category on the opening day of the event.
Deepak (15-year-old) finished with a total of 258 kg with 120 kg in snatch, a new CYG record, and 138 kg in clean and jerk. India is being represented by 25 athletes in eight disciplines out of the nine being competed in the CYG.
Medals winners of India till second day of 2015 CYG
• Tejaswin Shankar won the Gold medal in boys high jump
• Weightlifter Jamjang Deru won Gold medal in 56kg category
• Weightlifter Deepak Lather won Gold medal in 62 kg category
• Javelin thrower Mohd Hadish won a Gold medal
• Swimmer Supriya Mondal won the Silver medal in boys 200 metre butterfly event
• Jisna Mathew won a Silver medal in girls 400m race
• Chandan Bauri won a Bronze medal in boys 400m race
• Velavan Senthilkumar won a Bronze in boys squash singles
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App