The world’s first Gender Literature Festival (GLF) will be held in Patna, Bihar from 6 March to 8 March 2017. The function will be organised at NIFT, Patna.
The Gender Resource Centre of Bihar’s Women Development Corporation will be organising the first of its kind festival.
Top policy makers, bureaucrats, social workers, activists, authors, artists, students, literature and art enthusiast from the city of Patna and beyond will attend the unique festival.
Objective of the festival
• The initiative aims at creating a platform to exchange ideas and to share and learn experiences of renowned people in the field of gender literature.
• The GLF will also act as a platform to increase visibility for gender equity and advocacy in Bihar.
Idea behind the festival
• The organisers of the festival believes that literature, art and culture are a strong medium to promote the message of gender sensitivity. They, when combined together, can create a strong platform for disseminating information in an effective way. Gender Literature Festival is, therefore, World’s first Literature festival around gender.
• It intends to educate people about gender and associated issues through talks and panel discussions.
• It also looks forward to engage the audience around gender issues through contests, activities and entertainment programmes.