Adani Green Energy (Tamil Nadu) Ltd on 21 September 2016 dedicated the world’s largest solar power plant of 648 megawatts to the nation.
The plant has been set up with an investment of around 4550 crore rupees at Kamuthi in Ramanathapuram district of Tamil Nadu.
About Kamuthi Solar Power Project
• Kamuthi Solar Power Project is a solar photovoltaic power generating station at Kamuthi.
• This project has been commissioned by Adani Power.
• It has a generating capacity of 648 MW at a single location.
• It is considered the world's largest single location solar project.
• The solar plant comprises of 380000 foundations, 2500000 solar modules, 27000 metric tonnes of structures, 154 transformers and 6000 km of cables.
• It consists of 576 inverters and 154 transformer and almost 7500 km of cables.
• The panels occupy 1270 acres of land. 30000 tonnes of galvanised steel were used.
• About 8500 personnel worked on average installing about 11 MW in a day to set up the plant in stipulated time.
• The entire 648 MW is now connected to the Kamuthi 400 KV substation of Tantransco.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 21 September 2016