The McLaren Technology Group on 21 November 2016 announced the appointment of Zak Brown as its Executive Director.
Brown is chosen for the position after Ron Dennis was forced out as Chairman and Chief Executive of McLaren in November 2016.
About Zak Brown
• Zak Brown is a former professional racing driver.
• He is the founder and CEO of Just Marketing International, the world’s largest motorsport marketing agency.
• In 2013, CSM Sport & Entertainment acquired JMI, which was founded in 1995.
About McLaren Technology Group
• The McLaren Technology Group is a British conglomerate based in Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom.
• It was founded by Ron Dennis shortly after his acquisition of the McLaren Formula One team in 1981.
• The group was originally named the TAG McLaren Group due to a partnership with Mansour Ojjeh's TAG Group.
• It was renamed to simply the McLaren Group in 2003. In 2015, it was renamed as McLaren Technology Group.
• It was originally formed from a Formula One team established by New Zealander Bruce McLaren in 1963.
• It is the third largest conglomerate in the UK by revenue.
Who: Zak Brown