India i.e. Bharat is a 'Union of states' rather than 'Federal of States' which is comprises 29 states and seven union territories. The Constitution distributes legislative powers between the Parliament and state legislatures. The Parliament is bicameral - the lower house is known as the Lok Sabha and the upper house is known as the Rajya Sabha. At state level some legislatures are bicameral and are run along the lines of the two houses of the national Parliament.
1. India is a federal union comprising twenty-nine states and how many union territories?
2. What is the capital of Arunachal Pradesh?
3. What are the major languages spoken in Andhra Pradesh?
A. English and Telugu
B. Telugu and Urdu
C. Telugu and Kannada
D. All of the above languages
4. What is the state flower of Haryana?
C. Golden Shower
D. Not declared
5. Which of the following states is not located in the North?
B. Jammu and Kashmir
C. Himachal Pradesh
6. In which state is the main language Khasi?
7. Which state has Almond as its State Tree?
A. Himachal Pradesh
C. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Arunachal Pradesh
8. Which state has the largest area?
B. Madhya Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
9. Which state has the largest population?
A. Uttar Pradesh
D. Andra Pradesh
10. In what state are the Elephant Falls located?
In the above 10 GK Questions and Answers on the India and its States in the form of multiple choice questions which strengthen the knowledge of aspirants who are preparing for the examinations like UPSC, State Services, IBPS, SBI, SCC, Railways etc.