Chhattisgarh has come into view as the state with the utmost economic growth since its initiation. Chhattisgarh was carved out from Madhya Pradesh in November 2000 and placed a growth rate of 11.49 % in 2009 - 10 and 11.16 % in the year 2010 - 11.
It is the Endeavour of Chhattisgarh Government to make an effort towards its swift economic growth with regional steadiness so as to take Chhattisgarh to the class of developed states. To bring about opulence to the people of the state, it is obligatory that the present pace of industrial growth amplifies significantly. Consequently, conception of a constructive investment milieu for escalating industrial production and producing employment prospects is one of the priority regions of Chhattisgarh Government.
Duties and Functions of Commerce & Industries Department
- Main conscientiousness of the Department of Commerce & Industry in Chhattisgarh’s all around enlargement is to add to trade promotion and industrialization
- It plays a catalytic role in institution of small, micro, medium, ultra mega projects and mega project to generate employment opportunities and expansion of all areas by enhancement in investment, export and trade
- For giving an assortment of administrative and statuary clearances to investors in the set time limits, Governments has ratified Chhattisgarh Audyogik Nivesh Protsahana Adhiniyam, 2002 which is altered by Chhattisgarh Audyogik Nivesh Protsahana(Sansodhan) Adhiniyam, 2004 for accomplishment of stipulation of act and to describe various procedures evidently
- Under Micro Small & Medium Enterprises Development act 2006, Chhattisgarh Micro & Small Enterprises Facilitation Council is executed under the directorate of industries and functioning to supply payment of goods furnished by small, micro, auxiliary and medium industrial units in unchanging time limits
- Industrial policy is being executed through State investment promotion board, Directorate of industries, Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation Limited, Inspectorate of Boiler, District trade & Industries Centre and Register Firm's & Society
- By synchronization between diverse department of Chhattisgarh Government, industrial world and by suggestions of people, the commercial and industrial activities are being encouraged which contributes in the state’s economic power
- State Investment Promotion Board is offering aid in institution of large industrial project in Chhattisgarh. Control and Operation of departmental financial plan, guidance and control to district offices is done by the directorate of industries.