This is the set of 10 general knowledge questions and answers on "Indian Politics" for various interviews, competitive examinations and entrance exams etc.
1. Which of the followings are/is main languages used in the parliament?
(c) A and b both
(d) Can be any language of India.
2. The first hour of every parliamentary sitting is slotted for…………………
(a) Zero hour
(b) Question hour
3. Which of the following statement is NOT correct about zero hour?
(a) Zero hour is not mentioned in the rules of procedure
(b) This is an informal device given to the members to raise any matter without any prior notice.
(c) It has been in existence since 1972.
(d) It starts immediately after the question hour
4. Which of the following motion is bring out in the parliament on the breach of parliamentary privileges by a member.
(a) Privileges motion
(b) Calling attention motion
(c) Censure motion
(d) Substantive motion
5. Which of the following statement is NOT correct about No confidence motion?
(a) It is mentioned in the article 75 of the Indian constitution.
(b) It can also be bring out in the upper house of the parliament.
(c) This motion needs the support of 50members to be admitted.
(d) If it is passed in lok sabha the whole cabinet has to resign.
6. Which article of the Indian constitution deals with the definition of the money bill?
(a) Article 112
(b) Article 125
(c) Article 148
(d) Article 110
7. Which of the following state has largest numbers of seats in the Lok Sabha?
(d) a & b have equal numbers of seats
8. Which of the following union territory has seats in the Rajya Sabha?
(c) Andaman & Nicobar
(d) None of these
9. What is the correct ascending order of Rajya Sabha seat distribution in these states?
(a) Assam>Odisha>Andhra Pradesh >Tamil Nadu
(b) Madhya Pradesh>Odisha>Andhra Pradesh >Tamil Nadu
(c) Assam>Odisha>Andhra Pradesh >West Bengal
(d) Assam>Odisha>Kerala >Tamil Nadu
10. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) Article 79: Constitution of parliament
(b) Article 110: Definitions of money bills
(c) Article 112: annual financial statement
(d) Article 118: powers of president to promulgate ordinances