GK Questions and Answers on Indian Polity Set 9
There is no competitive exam in India which does not ask questions based on Indian polity. So to fulfill this requirement, we are giving a quiz of 10 questions to the serve the aspirants of IAS/PCS/SSC/Banking etc.
1. Which of the following word is not written in the preamble of Indian constitution?
2. What is NOT the meaning of ‘Sovereign’ in the Indian constitution?
(a) India is neither a dependent nor a dominion of any state.
(b) It is free to conduct its affairs.
(c) India has to take permission of United Nations before acquiring a foreign country or ceding a part of its territory in favour of other country.
(d) India’s membership of UNO in no way constitutes a limitation on her sovereignty.
3. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(a) The word ‘Socialist’ is added in the Indian constitution by the 42nd amendment in 1978.
(b) The constitution has a socialist content in the form of certain directive principles of state policy.
(c) Indian constitution has the provision of state socialism.
(d) Indian socialism is a blend of Marxism and Gandhism.
4. What is the actual mean of word ‘secular’ in the Indian constitution?
(a) India will have just one religion in the whole country.
(b) All the religions of the country will have the same status and support from the state.
(c) Status and support from the state to the religions will be decided on the basis of their numbers of followers.
(d) None of the above
5. The term ‘democratic’ is used in the Indian constitution means……
(a) Political democracy only
(b) Social democracy only
(c) Economic democracy only
(d) All of the above
6. In …………………….the head of the state comes enjoys a hereditary position.
7. Which of the following is related to the term ‘Republic’?
(a) The head of the state is always elected directly or indirectly for a fixed period.
(b) Vesting of political sovereignty in the peoples.
(c) Absence of any privilege class hence all the public offices are open for common men.
(d) All of the above
8. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(a) ‘Justice’ word in the preamble denotes the economic, social and political justice.
(b) Justice can be ensured with the help of fundamental right and directive principles.
(c) The idea of justice is taken from ‘French Revolution’.
(d) B & c are incorrect
9. Find the incorrect statement?
(a) The idea of ‘liberty’, equality and fraternity is taken from Russian revolution.
(b) The liberty conceived by the preamble or fundamental rights is not absolute but qualified.
(c) The term ‘liberty’ means the absence of restraints on the activities of individuals
(d) The term ‘liberty’ does not mean license to do what ones likes.
10. ‘Equality before the law’ is mentioned in the …………..
(a) Article 15
(b) Article 14
(c) Article 16
(d) Article 18