After the death of King Harsha, the entire north India was disintegrated into many small states. No big and centralised empire was in existence and Muslim rulers took advantage of the faction and rivalry of small states. Mahmud Ghaznavi invaded India, between 1000 to 1027 AD and plundered enormous wealth and moved back with mass destructions of temples and other monuments of mass attraction. Here, we are giving 10 GK Questions and Answers on invasion of Mahmud Ghaznavi of India for the enhancement of general knowledge.
1. Who was the father of Mahmud Ghaznavi?
D. None of the above
2. During Mahmud expedition of invasion, who got first defeat in Peshawar?
3. Arrange the correct chronology of Mahmud invasion?
I. Invasion on Somnath
II. Invasion on Kalinjar
III. Invasion on Mathura & Kannauj
IV. Invasion of Thaneshwar
V. Battle with Anandpal
A. IV, V, III, I, II
B. I, II, III, IV, V
C. V, IV, III, II, I
D. V, I, III, IV, II
4. Who was the ruler of Gujarat when Mahmud invaded the Somnath temple?
C. Gand Chandel
5. Match the following
I. Invasion on Somnath a. 1025 AD
II. Invasion on Kalinjar b. 1021 AD
III. Invasion on Mathura & Kannauj c. 1018-19 AD
IV. Invasion of Thaneshwar d. 1014 AD
V. Battle with Anandpal e. 1008 AD
I II III IV V
A. a b c d e
B. e d c b a
C. a b c e d
D. c d b e a
6. Which invasion of Mahmud appreciated by Caliph and called Mahmud as Star of Islamic World?
A. Invasion of Thaneshwar
B. Invasion on Kalinjar
C. Invasion on Mathura & Kannauj
D. Invasion on Somnath
7. Which invasion of Mahmud made furious on Pratihara’s ruler Rajyapala?
A. Mahmud’s plundered and looting acts in the Kannauj
B. When Rajyapala surrenders to the Mahmud
C. When Chandel ruler attack Kalinjar
D. When he gifted his state to the Mahmud
8. Who was the ruler of Multan at the time of Mahmud invasion?
9. Who had given Mahmud an investiture to rule as an independent ruler?
B. Caliph of Baghdad named Qadirbillah
C. Ottoman Turk
D. Caliph of Arab named Al-hitmatdai
10. Who among the following ruler commit suicide after battle with Mahmud?
In the above 10 GK Questions and Answers on invasion of Mahmud Ghaznavi of India will enhance general awareness of the reader’s about the incident of Mahmud invasion.