GK Questions and Answers on Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar, the master blaster is an inspiration to everyone. He was nominated to the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Parliament. He is the first sportsman who was nominated in this category, which does not have an election process. In Rajya Sabha, 12 seats are reserved for those persons who have special knowledge or practical experience in respect of matters like literature, science, art and social service.
1. When did Sachin Tendulkar make his first Test debut?
A. 10 October, 1988
B. 11 November, 1988
C. 20 October 1989
D. 15 November, 1989
Explanation: Sachin Tendulkar has made his first test debut against Pakistan in Karachi on 15 November 1989.
2. Sachin Tendulkar made his ODI debut on......
A. 22 November, 1989
B. 5 December, 1989
C. 18 December, 1989
D. 28 December, 1989
Explanation: Sachin Tendulkar started his ODI career on 18 December 1989 against Pakistan in Gujranwala.
3. Sachin Tendulkar has a record of playing how many ODIs in a row?
Explanation: Sachin Tendulkar has a record of playing 185 ODIs in a row.
4. When Sachin Tendulkar got married to Anjali?
A. 24 March, 1995
B. 24 April, 1995
C. 24 May, 1995
D. 24 June, 1995
Explanation: Sachin Tendulkar got married to Anjali on 24 May, 1995. She is a daughter of the well-known industrialist, Ashok Mehta.
5. Sachin Tendulkar has played how many ODI matches?
Explanation: Sachin Tendulkar has played 463 ODI matches.
6. The number of Wickets taken by Sachin Tendulkar in ODI cricket is...
Explanation: The number of Wickets taken by Sachin Tendulkar in ODI cricket is 154.
7. What was the name of Sachin Tendulkar’s coach?
A. Rahul Sinha
B. Ramakanth Achrekar
C. Dilip Sardesai
D. None of the above
Explanation: Ramakanth Achrekar was the coach of Sachin Tendulkar.
8. Against which country, Sachin Tendulkar scored his first test century?
D. New Zealand
Explanation: Sachin Tendulkar scored his first test century against England at Old Trafford, Manchester on 14 August, 1990.
9. When Sachin Tendulkar became the first brand ambassador of UNICEF for South Asia?
A. 28 January, 2012
B. 18 November, 2013
C. 28 November, 2013
D. 16 December, 2013
Explanation: On 28 November, 2013, Sachin Tendulkar became the first brand ambassador of UNICEF for South Asia.
10. When did Sachin Tendulkar receive "Arjuna Award"?
Explanation: Sachin Tendulkar got "Arjuna Award" for his "Outstanding Sport's Achievement" in 1994.
These are some interesting questions and answers based on Sachin Tendulkar’s early life, cricket journey, etc.