GK Quiz on Indian Economy Set I
Dear students, Jagran josh’s GK team is providing you the excellent opportunity to prepare yourself for the toughest upcoming competitive exams of India. We are providing you different MCQs on different topics of Indian Economy so that you can check your knowledge on different topics related to Indian Economy.
1. Which three indicators are used in the Human Development Index (HDI)?
I. Standard of living
III. Life expectancy
IV. Condition of environment
A. Only I, II & IV
B. Only I, II, & III
C. Only I & II
D. All of the above
2. Who releases the Human Development Report?
A. World bank
B. World economic forum
C. United Nations
3. Who secured the top rank in The Human Development Report 2014?
4. Who secured the lowest rank in The Human Development Report 2014?
5. What is the rank of India in the Human Development Index 2014?
6. When was the Gender Inequality Index (GII) introduced?
7. Who invented the Human Development Index?
A. Paul krugman
B. Mahbub – ul Haq
C. Jean dreze
D. Alfred marshal
8. Who releases the Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
A. World Bank
B. World Economic Forum
D. Asian Development Bank
9.Which of the following index is not released by the UNDP?
A. Human Development Index
B. Multidimensional Poverty Index
C. Gender Inequality Index
D. Environmental Quality Index
10.Which statement depicts the best definition of sustainable development?
A. It means optimal utilization of natural resources.
B. Sustainable use of natural resources without considering the need of the future generation.
C. Present generation fulfills its needs while considers the needs of the future generation as well.
D. None of the above
11.The concept of sustainable development is recommended by the:
A. Brundtland Commission
B. Brettonwoods Commission
C. World Bank
D. World Economic Forum
12.Which of the following is considered as the three pillars of the sustainability?
A. Economic development
B. Social development
C. Environment protection
D. All of the above
13. Which of the following statement/s is true about the sustainable development?
(i) It was introduced in early 1980’s in particular through the publication of the World Conservation Strategy by IUCN, UNEP and WWF.
(ii) It was introduced in early 1992’s on the recommendation of Brettonwoods commission.
(iii) It was introduced in early 1980’s on the recommendation of Brundtland commission.
(iv) It means that Present generation should fulfill its needs while considering the needs of the future generation as well.
A. i & ii
B. i,iii & iv
C. ii & iv
D. only ii
14. Sustainable development will not aim at:
A. Social economic development which optimise the economic and societal benefits available in the present, without spoiling the likely potential for similar benefits in the future
B. Reasonable and equitable distributed level of economic well being that can be perpetuated continually
C. Development that meets the need of the present without compromising the ability of future generation to meet their own needs
D. Maximising the present day benefits through increased resource consumption
15. Which of the following country is not part of G-8?
16.“NBFCs” stands for:
A. Non Banking Financial Companies
B. Net Banking Financial Companies
C. Non Banking Financial Corporations
D. National Banking Financial Companies
17. Which of the following statement is true about European Union:
A. A group of all the developed countries of the world
B. A group of 28 countries of the Europe
C. A group of 27 countries of the Europe
D. It consists all the countries of the Europe
18. Which of the following statement is true about the cash reserve ratio(CRR):
A. It is decided by the bankers association of India.
B. It is decided by the RBI and commercial banks get a fix interest on the deposited money.
C. It is decided by the RBI and commercial banks do not get any interest on the deposited money.
D. When CRR is increased, it increases the supply of money in the economy.
19. Who gives the Star ratings to the electronic items (on the basis of efficiency of the products)?
A. Finance Ministry
B. International Standard Organization
C. International Statistical Institute
D. Bureau Of Energy Efficiency
20. What is the mean of opportunity cost?
A. It is the second best alternative that is forgone.
B. It is the second best alternative that is achieved.
C. It is per unit cost of production.
D. It is the cost that occurred on the formation of two products.