GK Quiz on Indian Geography ‘Physical Features & Climate of India’ Set II
GK Quiz section is a repository of 10 Multiple Type Question on ‘Indian Geography: Physical Features & Climate of India’ Set II that attune and equipped in different competitive examination.
1.Which of the following reason for the tropical climate of India?
A. Seasonal influence of jet streams
B. Location of the Himalayas in its north
C. Over-powering influence of Indian Ocean
D. Country being a part of Asian landmass
2. Which of the following region is famous for the Asiatic wild Ass?
A. Rann of Kutch
3. Select the correct order of The hill stations on the basis of heights.
A. Darjeeling, Srinagar, Leh, Simla
B. Srinagar, Darjeeling, Simla, Leh
C. Srinagar, Leh, Simla, Darjeeling
D. Simla, Srinagar, Leh, Darjeeling
4. Which of the following States has the longest coast line?
C. Andhra Pradesh
5. Which of the following pairs mountain ranges and their location is not correctly matched?
A. Zaskar Range -Kashmir
B. Dhauladhar Range -Himachal Pradesh
C. Singalila Range -Arunachal Pradesh
D. Kumaon Range -Uttarakhand
6. Which of the following himalyan mountain range where the Kashmir Valley lie?
A. Siwalik and Pir Panjal
B. Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar
C. Zaskar and Pir Panjal
D. Dhauladhar and Zaskar
7. Which of the following rivers do not discharge its water into the Bay of Bengal?
8. Which of the following river systems form the delta?
A. Godavari, Narmada, Mahanadi
B. Narmada, Kaveri, Mahanadi
C. Godavari, Kaveri, Mahanadi
D. Narmada, Krishna, Kaveri
9. Where is the Baglihar Hydro-power project located?
10. Which of the following River system formed the River Padma?
A. Ganga and Brahmaputra
B. Kaveri and Mahanadi
C. Sutlej and Jhelum
D. Damodar and Hugli