GK Quiz on World Heritage Sites in India: Set 1
Dear aspirants, solve this GK quiz on World Heritage Sites in India and your boost chances of selection in the coming competitive exams.
1. Who built the Red Fort of Agra?
2. Which of the following statement is not true about the Red Fort of Agra?
A. It is situated on the bank of river Yamuna.
B. This fort was built in 1565
C. It was constructed by the Mughal emperor Akbar in 1565.
D. It is tagged as a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1989
3. Which of the following statement is true about Ajanta caves?
A. Ajanta caves were excavated between the 2nd century and 6th century.
B. They depict the story of Jainism
C. Ajanta caves are excavated in an elephant shoe-shaped rock surface.
D. The caves are believed to be made in 2 distinct periods: Gupta period and Vakataka, period.
4. Which of the following statement is not true about Ajanta caves?
A. Ajanta caves were tagged as the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 1983.
B. Currently, these caves are taken care of by the Archeological Survey of India.
C. The general style of paintings at The Ajanta caves seems to have influenced paintings in Tibet and Srilanka.
D. Ajanta caves were excavated between the 12th century and 16th centuries.
5. Where Ellora caves are situated?
A. Madhya Pradesh
C. Andhra Pradesh
6. Which of the following statement is not true about Ellora's caves?
A. Ellora caves are situated in Aurangabad (Maharashtra).
B. Ellora caves built by Kalachuri, Chalukya and Rashtrakuta dynasties.
C. Ellora caves made during the 6th and 9th centuries.
D. These caves are dedicated only to Hinduism.
7. Who takes care of Ellora caves?
A. Government of Maharashtra
B. Archaeological Survey of India
C. Ministry of Culture
D. Ministry of Tourism
8. Where are The Elephanta Caves situated in India?
B. Tamil Nadu
D. Madhya Pradesh
9. Which of the following is not true about elephant caves?
A. In 1987, Elephanta Caves were designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
B. Caves are made from solid rock.
C. Portuguese renamed these caves as Elephanta
D. These caves are excavated during the 11th century.
10. Which of the following statement is not true about Sanchi Stupa?
A. It is situated at Sanchi in Raisen district of Madhya Pradesh.
B. It is situated in Aurangabad district of Maharashtra
C. Sanchi tagged as the World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1989.
D. Stupa at Sanchi is the oldest stone composition in India and was originally commissioned by the emperor Bindusara.