The Holi festival marks the end of winter and the upcoming of harvesting season spring. It commemorates the victory of good over evil. It is celebrated not only in India but around the world with full enthusiasm. It got its name the 'Festival of colours' from Lord Krishna, a reincarnation of Lord Vishnu, who liked throwing water and colours on the village girls. It falls on the full moon night during the month of either February end or March. A day before 'Rang Panchami', people burn a pyre called 'Holika Dahan' which symbolize the end of old enmities and fights. On this beautiful festival people throw water balloons at each other and says "Bura na mano Holi hai!". So, let's play an interactive quiz on Holi festival.
1. Holi is also known as the?
A. Festival of colours
B. Festival of fruits
C. Festival of vegetables
D. Festival of lights
2. By which name Holi is recognized as in Orissa?
3. In which Hindu month, Holi is celebrated?
4. There are many legends associated with Holi. Hiranyakashyap insisted everybody in his kingdom to worship him but his devout son, Prahlad became a follower of which god?
A. Lord Vishnu
B. Lord Shiva
C. Lord Krishna
D. Lord Brahma
5. The name of Hiranyakashipu's sister was?
6. Holi festival marks the end of winter and the beginning of?
7.The famous ‘Lath maar holi’ is played at which place?
8. Holika Dahan in South India is known as:
9. Name the Sikh festival in which they show their physical strength and power and celebrates a day after Holi?
B. Hola Mohalla
C. Bandi Chor Diwas
10.The story behind the Holi Festival is related to:
A. Radha and Krishna
B. Shiv and Parwati
C. Demon Holika and Prahlad
D. None of the above
With the above Quiz you will come to know more about Holi festival and its importance. Various parts of India celebrates the holi festival differently with different names. The festival lasts for a day or two in some parts while in some other parts it lasts for as many as sixteen days.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.