Holi Quiz Interesting Questions about Holi celebration
On the occasion of Holi; the entire country wears a cheerful look. Market places get abuzz with bustles as frenzied shoppers start making provisions for the festival. Let's play an interactive quiz on the Holi festival.
1. Holi is also known as the?
A. Festival of colours
B. Festival of fruits
C. Festival of vegetables
D. Festival of lights
2. By which name Holi is recognized as in Orissa?
3. In which Hindu month, Holi is celebrated?
4. There are many legends associated with Holi. Hiranyakashyap insisted everybody in his kingdom to worship him but his devout son, Prahlad became a follower of which god?
A. Lord Vishnu
B. Lord Shiva
C. Lord Krishna
D. Lord Brahma
5. The name of Hiranyakashipu's sister was?
6. Does the Holi festival mark the end of winter and the beginning of?
7. The famous ‘Lath maar Holi’ is played at which place?
8. Holika Dahan in South India is known as:
9. Name the Sikh festival in which they show their physical strength and power and celebrates a day after Holi?
B. Hola Mohalla
C. Bandi Chor Diwas
10.The story behind the Holi Festival is related to:
A. Radha and Krishna
B. Shiv and Parwati
C. Demon Holika and Prahlad
D. None of the above
With the above Quiz, you will come to know more about the Holi festival and its importance. Various parts of India celebrate the Holi festival differently with different names. The festival lasts for a day or two in some parts while in some other parts it lasts for as many as sixteen days.