Biology is a natural science in which we study about the life of living organisms consisting of various functions, structure, evolution, taxonomy etc. and is composed of many branches through which the scope of biology is broadened with the unifying concepts that govern all study and research which is consolidated into a single and coherent field.
Here is the Complete List of Specific branches of Biology which are useful to understand the various phenomena’s related to life and important for examinations perspective also like UPSC, State Services, SSC, NDA etc.
1. Anatomy: The branch of Biology under which the internal structure of the body of an organism is studied.
2. Anthropology: The branch of science under which human development, their culture and customary activities, history and the traditional societies are studied.
3. Entomology: The scientific study of insects.
4. Epidemiology: The branch of the medical science under which the epidemics and its remedial measures are studied.
5. Ex-biology: It is that branch of science under which the possibilities of lives are studied on the various planets and satellites other than earth.
6. Gerontology: is the branch of science under which the vital facts related to the old ages of the human beings is studied.
7. Horticulture: The branch of science under which the development and the cultivating techniques of temperate, sub-tropical and tropical fruits, vegetables, ornamental and medicinal plants, species and plantation crops etc are studied.
8. Hydropathy: The branch of medical science under which the treatment of the disease is done by water.
9. Mammography: The branch of medical science under which through a comprehensive diagnostic mechanism the breast cancer of the women are detected.
10. Morphology: is the branch of science under which the structure, shape, size, type and the nature, behaviour of the organism are studied collectively.
11. Neurology: The branch of medical science under which the study of nerves and the diseases related to the nerves are diognised and its curable modes are studied.
12. Odontography: The scientific study of the teeth in the medical science.
13. Ornithology: The branch of biology under which birds related activities are studied.
14. Osteology: The branch of zoology under which the bones and the skeleton systems of the body of the animals are studied.
15. Pomology: Is the scientific study of the fruits.
16. Agrostology: Is the scientific study of the grasses.
17. Conchology: Is the scientific study of the mollusc shells.
18. Ethnography: Is the scientific study of the human species.
19. Ethology: The scientific study of the nature, character and behaviour of the living beings.
20. Genecology: The scientific study of the diversities of the species of the organism and thus the study of population genetics to the environment.
21. Geomedicine: The branch of the medical science under which the direct impact of the mutual interaction of the climate and surrounding on the health of the human beings is studied.
22. Heliotherapy: The diagnostic treatment process through the sunlight.
23. Hydroponics: The scientific study of the agriculture in which water processing mechanism is developed.
24. Phycology: The scientific study of the algae.
25. Sericulture: The branch of the agriculture science under which the culturing of the silk worms and the production of the silk are studied.
26. Toxicology: Is the scientific study of the poison.
Click here for:
- A complete study material of General Science
- Practice Questions and answers on Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.