Wildlife consists of flora and fauna, i.e. plants, animals and microorganisms which are not domesticated by humans. On the other hand Conservation is preserving and protecting Wild plants, animals and their habitats. Therefore, we can say that the Conservation of Wildlife is necessary to recognize the importance of nature and other wildlife species.
Conservation of Wildlife is important to protect the endangered plants and animal species along with their natural habitat. The main concern is to preserve the habitats so that the future generations of wildlife and even humans can enjoy it.
What is the Relevance of IUCN Red Data Book?
Killing of wild animals and birds on the large scale by man is a serious threat that wildlife is facing for its survival. This disturbs the food chain and also the ecosystem. We can understand better with the help of an example; snake as a wild animal is in great demand for making fancy leather goods so, snake skin sells at high at a high price in the market. To earn money easily some people kill snakes indiscriminately in large numbers. This killing of snakes disrupts the food chain and creates imbalance in the nature. Do you know the snake is a friend of the farmer as it eats vermin’s like rats, mice which are pests and damage the crops? So, it is very important to conserve wildlife to maintain the ecological balance in nature and also for preservation.
Steps to be taken for the Conservation of Wildlife are:
1. Some of the laws should be made to ban the killing or capturing of endangered animals or birds. It should be made a punishable offense. Such laws should be enforced strictly and should not remain on paper only.
2. Indiscriminate killing of wild birds and animals, whether are in abundance should not be allowed by the forest authorities.
3. The more number of National Parks and Sanctuaries should be established for preserving the natural habitats of wild animals and birds throughout the country.
4. The Department of Government should conduct a periodic survey in all the forests regarding the conservation of wildlife. They should have the knowledge about the population of all the species of wild animals and birds, so that they can be helped during the time of floods and famines.
5. Special attention should be paid even by us also to the conservation of endangered species of wild animals and birds to prevent their extinction altogether.
List of Regional distribution of the Wild Animals around the World
6. The unauthorized cutting of forest trees for timber and wood for fuel should be stopped immediately. Because depletion of forests destroys the natural habitat of wild animals and birds.
7. In case of the authorization of the Government for felling of trees for every acre of forest, then the equal area of land should be planted with sapling of trees to make up for the loss in the long run.
8. It is the duty of all of us also to plant trees near our surroundings and also to motivate others to do the same.
9. Breeding programs for endangered species should be organized.
Source: www. image.slidesharecdn.com
List of Ten Critically Endangered Species of Birds in India
At last we can conclude that Wildlife is important for:
- Beauty as wild creatures emphasizes the natural beauty of the earth.
- Scientific value, i.e. scientists have gained knowledge by studying wildlife and also discovered various medicinal products.
- Economic Value is also enhanced as it provides many valuable substances like wood, fibres, meat, food products, skins etc.
- Survival value is also important as it maintains the balance between the living systems of the earth which ensures survival of life.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.