Citizen's Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice; which is a Mexican Non Government Organization, released its annual report -2017. The report says that Venezuela's capital "Caracas" was the most deadliest city in the world in the year 2016.In Caracas 130 people out of every 1 lac people are killed annually, which is highest in the whole world. Caracas has achieved this ranking for the second time in a row. The Venezuelan capital took this infamous title from "San Pedro Sula" the city of Honduras in 2015, which is now at the third place.
It is necessary to note that the report covers only those cities whose population is more than 3 lacs.
The analysis of the top ten cities is as follows:
1. Caracas, capital of Venezuela is at the top of the list
In 2016,Caracas was the most deadly city in the world; the homicide rate was 130 / 100,000, which means that 130 out of one lac people die every year. Caracas has achieved this ranking for the second time in a row. Caracas took this notorious title from 'San Pedro Sula' a city of Honduras in 2015.
2. Acapulco, the city of Mexico, ranked second in the list. Here, 918 murders occur every year, and homicide rate is 113 per lac residents.
3. San Pedro Sula, the city of Honduras, ranked third in the list. However, 2 years ago this country was at the top of the ranking. Here around 845 murders took place every year, but the rate of homicide is 112/100,000.
4. Dastrato Central, the city of Honduras, ranked fourth in the list. Here, 1027 murders took place every year and the rate of homicide is 85 per lac residents.
5. Victoria, the city of Mexico, ranked fifth in the list, where 293 murders took place per year, but homicide rate is 84 per lac residents.
List of Intelligence Agencies of the World
6. Maturin, the city of Venezuela, ranked sixth in the list. Here, the rate of mortality per lac is 84 which is less, but around 499 murders took place every year, which is more and can’t be ignored.
7. San-Salvador, the city of El Salvador, ranked seventh in the list, where 1483 murders took place every year and the homicide rate is 83.4 per lac residents.
8. Guiana, the city of Venezuela, ranked eighth in the list, where 727 murders took place every year and rate of homicide is 82.8 per lac residents.
9. Valencia, the city of Venezuela, ranked ninth in the list, where 1124 murders occur every year, and the homicide rate is 72 per lac residents.
10. Natal, the city of Brazil, ranked tenth in the list, where 1097 murders occur every year and the homicide rate is 69.6 per lac residents.
Now let us see how many cities of the Country are included in this report?
This report says that 43 out of the 50 most deadliest cities are situated in Latin America and the Caribbean region. This report includes only two countries out of Latin America i.e. United States and South Africa. Out of 50 cities on the list; 19 cities are from Brazil, followed by Mexico 8, Venezuela's 7, Columbia 4 and Honduras 2 cities.
Following factors are responsible for most deaths in these cities:
1. Political instability
2. Drug trafficking
3. Increasing use of drugs in youth
4. Inadequate fund in the hands of the local government to employ more police force
5. Corrupt and inefficient governments
6. Growing Unemployment
7. Gang war
As we know that Cocaine drug mainly grown in South America and sent to the world's largest markets such as; The United States of America and Maxico through Central America and the Caribbean regions. Trafficking by road is primarily done from smaller countries like El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala before reaching Mexico via Colombia. Due to the smuggling of drugs in these countries, there are incidents of gang war in those countries where a large number of people are killed.
So from the above mentioned list of the most deadliest cities of the world, you must come to know that which are the most terrible cities of the world and what are the basic reasons behind such pathetic situation there.