Aliah University (AU) was set up in Kolkata in 2007 as Minority Institution under the department of Minority Affairs and Madarsah Education by the Government of West Bengal. The University invited applications for the recruitment to the post of Assistant Professors in 17 disciplines.
- Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
- Number of vacancies: 17
- Discipline wise vacancy: one each in Arabic, Bengali, English, Islamic Theology, History, Geography, Journalism & Mass Communication, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Management / Business Administration
- Pay Scale: Rs 15,600 – 39,100 + AGP Rs 6,000
Deadline to receive filled-in application forms: 22 April 2013
- Candidates should have good academic record with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade points at the PG degree level in the concerned subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University.
- In addition to this, the applicants must be UGC/ CSIR NET qualified or qualified in similar test accredited by UGC such as SLET/SET.
- Job seekers possessing PhD degree as per the UGC (Minimum standard and procedure for Award of PhD degree) Regulation 2009 are exempted from NET/SLET/SET qualification.
For detailed information on discipline-specific eligibility criteria and qualification, please go through the official notification published by the university
The selection of the candidates will be done through an interview conducted by the University in its campus.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 500 (Rs 250 for PD candidates). The fee must be paid through an Account payee Demand Draft (DD) in the name of Aliah University payable at Kolkata.
How to Apply
- Candidates who wish to apply can download the prescribed format of application form from the website of Aliah University
- Applicants are required to fill the form and send eight copies (one original and seven photocopies) along with DD to the following address so as to reach within stipulated time span:
Salt Lake Campus
Salt Lake City
Further details are available on the website of AU http://www.aliah.ac.in/