Banaras Hindu University BA LLB Entrance Exam
BHU BA LLB entrance exam also known as BLAT is an entrance exam for admissions to BA LLB courses offered at the Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University. check here all information regarding BHU BA LLB admission test.
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) conducts entrance exam for admissions to BA LLB courses offered at the Faculty of Law. Candidates seeking admission to five-year integrated law courses can apply for BHU BA LLB entrance exam also known as BLAT. The application form of BLAT is generally available by the last week of February every year. The entrance exam is conducted for 60 seats of BA LLB (Hons.) course. The BHU BA LLB entrance exam is a written test of 450 marks and candidates who obtain qualifying marks are shortlisted for the final seat allotment. Candidates can check here all information regarding BHU BA LLB admission test including eligibility criteria, how to apply, exam pattern and other details on this page below –
Key features BHU BA LLB Entrance Exam –
Exam authority – Banaras Hindu University
Exam level – University level
Exam mode – Written test
Seats – 60 BA LLB seats
Important dates of BHU BA LLB Entrance Exam –
Last week of February
Online Applications for BLAT
Fourth week of January – last week of February
Last week of May
Result announced by
Third week of June
Eligibility Criteria of BHU BA LLB Entrance Exam –
- Candidates must have passed Class 12th board examination from CBSE board or any other state/nationally recognised education board
- Candidates belonging to General category must have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects of Class 12th board examination
- Candidates belonging to OBC category must have obtained minimum 45% marks in Class 12th
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have obtained at least 40% marks in Class 12th
- There is no age limit criteria for admissions to five-year integrated law courses
How to apply for BHU BA LLB Entrance Exam?
The application form of BHU BA LLB course is available on official website of Banaras Hindu University i.e. bhuonline.in and candidates can follow the instruction to apply as provided below –
1. Registration – the candidates can register for BHU BA LLB by clicking on ‘new registration’ and providing basic details including name, e-mail id, and phone number. Moreover, candidates need to provide their Aadhaar number and create a password for their user account.
2. Fill up the application form – After completing the registration, candidates can login with user id and password to fill the application form. Candidates are required to fill details like personal details, education qualification (class 12th marks, roll number etc.) and also exam details including course applying for, exam city/centre.
3. Upload documents – Candidates also need to upload scanned copies of recent coloured photograph (passport size) and signature of JPEG format of size not more than100KB.
4. Application fee payment – The application fee for BHU Law Admission Test is Rs. 500 for general category and, Rs. 250 for SC/ST/Physically Challenged category candidates. To pay the application fee, candidates can use e-payment option and can make payment through Debit Card/Credit Card/NET Banking option. Also, there is an option available for offline fee payment and candidates can generate e-challan of HDFC bank and pay the requisite application fee at nearest branch of HDFC bank in cash.
5. Application form submission– The fee payment status is generally updated within two days in case of offline fee payment and at the same time in case of online fee payment. Candidates can cross-check and confirm the details filled in the application and submit the form in online mode only. However, candidates can download and get print out of the submitted application form for future references (generally at the time of counselling).
Exam Pattern of BHU BA LLB Entrance Exam:
Exam mode: Pen-paper based test (OMR sheet)
Duration of the exam: 120 minutes
Type of Questions: Multiple choices based questions
Total Questions: 150 questions
Total Marks: 450 marks
Sections and subjects: 4 subjects as under –
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Legal Aptitude
- Mental Ability
- English Comprehension
Weightage for each section – The weightage for BHU BA LLB question paper isn’t specified for each subject as there are no sections divided. The question paper is based on the four subjects.
- Each question of BHU Law Admission Test (BLAT) carries 3 marks.
- In case of each wrong attempt 1 mark is deducted from the allotted marks for the question.