Each question in this section has a sentence with three underlined parts labeled A., B., C.. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any part and indicate your response in the Answer sheet against the corresponding letter i.e. a,b,c If you find no error, your response should be indicated as D.
1. Though she was sick A. but B. / she went to work. C. / No error D.
2. They left A. / their luggages B. / at the railway station. C. / No error D.
3. Books which would have been unintelligible to us at fourteen A. / delight and interest us B. / in our twenty. C. / No error D.
4. As soon as the teacher entered, A. everyone fell B. / in a silence. C. / No error D.
5. Somewhere along the line A. / I lost track of B. /what Ashish said C. /about heart ailments. D. / No error (e)
6. After toiling very hardly A. / over a long period of time B. / he found that people recognized him as a successful person. C. / No error D.
7. Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society; A. /the optimist invents the aero plane, B. / the pessimist parachute. C. / No error D.
8. If I was you A. I would not have B. / committed this blunder. C. / No error D.
9. Beside chocolates, A. / they also bought B. / many toys for the child. C. / No error D.
10. The Prime Minister has said that India would not have spent so much on defence A. / if some of the neighboring countries B. / adopted the policy of restricting defence expenditure. C. / No error D.