Central University of Kashmir invited application for recruitment to 04 posts of Librarian, Assistant Librarian and Deputy Librarian. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 10 April 2015.
Last date for receipt of applications: 10 April 2015
Details of Post
- Librarian: 01 post
- Deputy Librarian: 01 post
- Assistant Librarian: 02 posts
- Librarian: 0 A Master’s Degree in Library Science /Information Science/Documentation with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven points scale and consistently good academic record as set out in UGC Regulations. (ii) At least thirteen years as a Deputy Librarian in a university library or eighteen years’ experience as a College Librarian. (iii) Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work.
- Deputy Librarian: A Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven point scale and a consistently good academic record as set out in UGC Regulations.. (ii) Five years experience as an Assistant University Librarian/College Librarian. (iii) Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work and professional commitment, computerization of library. 2 (iv) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in UGC Regulations 2010 along with its amendments (to be supported by the documentary evidence).
- Assistant Librarian: A Master’s Degree in Library Science / Information Science / Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and a consistently good academic record with knowledge of computerization of library. (ii) Should have qualified the national level test conducted for the purpose by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC. However, candidates, who are, or have been awarded Ph. D. degree in accordance with the “University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree), Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
- Librarian: PB Rs 37400 – 67000; AGP Rs 10,000
- Deputy Librarian: PB Rs 15600 – 39100; AGP Rs 8,000
- Assistant Librarian: PB Rs 15600 – 39100; AGP Rs 6,000
How to Apply
Candidates eligible and interested in the profile can send their applications duly filled and enclosed with essential documents to the Registrar, Central University of Kashmir, Sonwar, Near GB Pant Hospital, Srinagar 190 004, J&K. The DD should be drawn on any nationalised bank favouring Central University of Kashmir, payable at Srinagar, J&K before 10 April 2015.