Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) is one of the leading teaching and research institutes in the mathematical sciences. CMI invited applications for admissions to PhD programmes in three subjects.
Name of Programme
- PhD in Mathematics
- PhD in Computer Science
- PhD in Physics
- Last date for submission of application form: 15 April 2013
- Date for Entrance Test: 15 May 2013
- For PhD in Mathematics: Applicants must be BE/ BTech/ BSc (Math)/ MSc (Math) degree holders from any University/ Institute.
- For PhD in Computer Science: Candidates should have BE/ BTech/ MSc (CS)/ MCA degree from any University/ Institution.
- For PhD in Physics: Admission seekers must possess BE/ BTech/ BSc (Physics)/ MSc (Physics) from any University/ Institute.
The selection of the applicants will be based on their performance in the entrance examination followed by an Interview.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 600 and can be paid through one of the following modes:
- By cash payment at the office of the institute
- Through Demand Draft in favour of Chennai Mathematical Institute payable at Chennai (to get the application form and brochure by post)
How to Apply
- Admission seekers can apply online on the Institute's website
- Besides this, application forms along with brochure can also be obtained from the office of the institute in person or by post.
- Candidates have to fill in the form and send DD (in case of downloaded form/ online application) along with the form to the institute’s office.
To attain further information, please visit http://www.cmi.ac.in/ or email at firstname.lastname@example.org