CBSE Class 12 Biology Last 5+1 Years’ Very Short Questions
Jagranjosh presents CBSE Class 12 Biology last 5+1 years’ Very Short Answer Type Questions. Get an idea of the important topics to be picked to prepare for the Very Short Questions and practical based questions.
ith the final date announced for the CBSE class 12 Biology paper that is 5th April, 2017, students appearing for the exam must have geared up for the final revisions. Now it’s important for the students to utilize this mean time more cautiously by following the best strategic study plan.
This is the most crucial time when students should focus on smart preparation in less time, which is possible only with effective revision plans. One of the most prominent ways of revising the syllabus before the main exam, is solving the previous year solved papers which will help to understand the exam pattern and marking trends. Moreover, it will give a clear overview of the types of questions asked in the board exam.
Jagranjosh here brings a collection of Class 12 Biology Last 5+1 years’ Very Short Questions to help the students track their performance and get a firm grip over the type of questions that are probably going to be asked in the upcoming board exam.
1. List the changes the primary oocyte undergoes in the tertiary follicular stage in the human ovary.
2. Why are cattle and goats not seen browsing on Calotropis growing in the fields?
3. Mention how is mutation theory of Hugo de Vries different from Darwin’s theory of natural selection.
4. Why are some organisms called as eurythermals and some others as stenohaline ?
5. Mention the type of allele that expresses itself only in homozygous state in an organism.
6. Malaria, typhoid, pneumonia and amoebiasis are some of the human
infectious diseases. Which ones of these are transmitted through mechanical carriers?
7. Name any two techniques that serve the purpose of early diagnosis of
some bacterial viral human diseases.
8. Name the phenomenon and the cell responsible for the development ofa new individual without fertilization as seen in honey bees.
9. Why banana is considered a good example of parthenocarpy?
10. State two different roles of spleen in the human body
11. A garden pea plant produced axial white flowers. Another of the same species produced terminal violet flowers. Identify the dominant traits.
12. Why is it desirable to use unleaded petrol in vehicles fitted with catalytic converters?
13. Where is acrosome present in humans? Write its function.
14. Write the name of the following
(a) The most common species of bees suitable for apiculture
(b) An improved breed of chicken
15. Comment on the similarity between the wing of a cockroach and the wing of a bird. What do you infer from the above, with reference to evolution?
16. Mention the role of cyanobacteria as a biofertiliser.
17. Name an organism where cell division is itself is a mode of reproduction?
18. When dose a human body elicit an anamnestic response?
19. Name any two diseases the Himgiri variety of wheat is resistant
20. State the role of transposons in silencing of mRNA in eukaryotic cells?
21. Why are green algae not likely to be found in the deepest strata of the ocean?
22. Why is Gambusia introduced into drains and ponds?
23. State Gause’s Competitive Exclusion Principle.
24. Name the enzymes that are used for the isolation of DNA from bacterial and fungal cells for recombinant DNA technology.
25. State the role of C peptide in human insulin.
26. Why is it not possible for an alien DNA to become part of a chromosome anywhere along its length and replicate normally?
27. List two advantages of the use of unleaded petrol in automobiles as fuel.
28. Retroviruses have no DNA. However, the DNA of the infected host cell does possess viral DNA. How is it possible?
29. State the cause of adenosine deaminase enzyme deficiency.
30. What is a cistron?
31. How many chromosomes do drones of honeybees possess ? Name the type of cell division involved in the production of sperms by them.
32. A male honeybee has 16 chromosomes while its female honeybee has 32 chromosomes. Give one reason.
33. Mention the role of genetic mother in MOET.
34. What is biopiracy?
35. Mention two advantages of preferring CNG over diesel as an automobile fuel.
36. Write the probable differences in the eating habits of Homo habilis and Homo erectus.