Cochin Shipyard Limited Notified for Recruitment to the Post of Ship Draftsman Trainees
Cochin Shipyard Limited invited application for recruitment to the post of Ship Draftsman Trainees (Mechanical. Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentration).
Cochin Shipyard Limited invited application for recruitment to the post of Ship Draftsman Trainees (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation). The candidates eligible for the post can apply online before 20 August 2013. Cochin Shipyard was incorporated in 1972 as a Government of India company, with the first phase of facilities coming online in 1982. CSL is the largest ship building and maintenance facility in India. It is part of a line of maritime related facilities in the port-city of Kochi, in the state of Kerala, India.
- Opening date for Online Application Forms: 8 August 2013
- Closing date for Online Application Forms: 20 August 2013
- Last Date for receipt of Application Form: 27 August 2013
Details of Post:
- Name of the Post: Ship Draftsman Trainees (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation)
- Total Number of Vacancies: 30
- Candidate’s age must below 25 years as on 31 August 2013.
- Age Relaxation in upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST is 5 years, 3 years for post reserved for OBC and 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
Pass in SSLC and 3 year Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation disciplines issued by a State Board of Technical Education with 60% marks or equivalent qualification with flair for Draftsmanship and proficiency in CAD.
- Non refundable Crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 100/- for all posts should be drawn in favour of COCHIN SHIPYARD LIMITED on any Nationalised bank payable at Kochi.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Person with Disability (PWD) need not pay application fee.
Pay Scale: Consolidated stipend of Rs. 6750/-pm during the first year of training, Rs.7150/-pm during the second year and compensation for extra hours of work limited to Rs.4200/- pm.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written / Practical Test and Interview to be held at Cochin Shipyard Ltd, Kochi.
- The written test is objective type and will include questions on General Knowledge, General English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and discipline related.
- For the practical test, candidates are required to prepare a drawing using CAD.
- Written test and practical will carry weightage of 60% marks, marks secured in Diploma examination 20% and personal interview 20%.
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates may apply online through www.cochinshipyard.com from 08 August 2013 to 20 August 2013.
- After applying through online, candidate is required to take a print out of the application form with unique registration number generated by the system and affix a recent passport size photograph and send the same along with the Demand Draft (in original) and self attested copies of all certificates for proof of age, qualifications, mark sheets, experience, caste, disability etc, to The General Manager (HR), Cochin Shipyard Ltd, Kochi-682015.
- The envelope containing the print out of the online application should be superscribed on top as “Application for the post of Ship Draftsman Trainee …………………… (Discipline) & Registration No. ……………..".