‘CSIR’– Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi invites applications from the interested and enthusiastic students for Admisson for the Ph. D Programme started from August 2014 for the session 2014 – 15 in the broad areas mentioned below. The candidates eligible for the course may apply ONLINE on or before 31 May 2014.
- Opening Date of ONLINE Submission of Application: 20 April 2014.
- Closing Date of ONLINE Submission of Application: 31 May 2014.
- Date of Aptitude Examination: 15 June 2014.
- Date of Interview: 07 - 09 July 2014.
- Date of Joining to CSIR – IGIB: 01 August 2014.
Name of Course: “Ph. D.”
Broad Areas of Course
(i) Functional Genomics.
(ii) Molecular Medicine and Disease Genomics.
(iii) Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
(iv) Systems Biology.
(v) Respiratory Disease Biology.
(vi) Environmental Biotechnology.
(i) Masters’ degree (M.Sc./M.Tech.) with 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology.
(ii) B. Tech (in Biological Sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/ B. Pharm. candidates with 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
Age Limit & Relaxation
(i) Upper Age Limit for the candidate is 28 years as on the closing date 31 May 2014.
(ii) Age relaxable for SC/ ST/ OBC/ physically handicapped persons as well as woman candidates as per Govt. of India rules.
(i) M. Sc./ M.Tech./ B.Tech./ B Pharm. candidates should also hold CSIR- UGC (JRF)/ DBT (JRF)/ ICMR- JRF/ DST-INSPIRE (fellowship certificate should be valid at the time of application and at least till July 31, 2014, in all cases).
(ii) Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR laboratories and under CSIR projects.
(iii) B.Tech./B Pharm. candidates who fulfill conditions for GATE- JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.htm) are also eligible.
Application fee (NON-REFUNDABLE) of Rs. 500/- for General and other candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ ST candidates. Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite application fees only through ONLINE mode.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may submit their ONLINE application through the IGIB website www.igib.res.in on or before 31 April 2014.
- Short listed candidates will have to appear for an online examination followed by an interview.
- An Aptitude Examination on June 15, 2014 at any of the fourteen Examination Centers.
- The examination will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences.
- Successful candidates will have to appear for interviews and discussion at CSIR-IGIB from 07 July 2014 to 09 July 2014.
- Selection of candidates for Ph.D program will be based on performance in aptitude examination and interview.