Question-Answers for February 2013 are prepared in a way that it will help Aspirants of IAS|PCS, SSC, Banking as well as other exams in their preparation. In-depth knowledge of facts and figures is always required for cracking these exams. Intensive study as well as extensive study should be done by the students for achiveing success in exams.
1. African leaders signed peace accord to normalise situation in DR Congo. Discuss the situation in DR Congo. How far this peace accord is going to normalise situation in DR Congo? Comment.
2. India and Sri Lanka signed agreements on terrorism and double taxation on 22 January 2013. Examine the recent developments in the bilateral relations of these two neighbours. Discuss how India and Srilanka can avail from each other economically and control terrorism together?
3. Sexual harassment bill passed by Rajya Sabha on 25 February 2013. Enlist the salient features of the bill. Critically discuss the state of women at workplace.
4. Gabon recently decided to suspend the sale of arms to stem elephant poaching. Describe elephant poaching in India and suggest measures to stem it.
5. Write short notes on the following;
a) Deepest hydrothermal vents
b) water on the oldest rocks of moon
c) Youngest black hole in Milky way
d) First digital atlas of Brain
6. write brief notes on the Following:
a) Cyprus elections
b) Sugata Mitra
c) Anupam Kher
d) Park Geu-Hye
7. Give a brief analysis on any one of the two topics?
a) Union Budget 2013-14
b) Railway Budget 2013-14