India Post Payments Bank has recently released a notification to recruit 650 Assistant Managers (territory) for the 650 branches it is going to open by September 2017. The preliminary examination for the post will be held in December 2016 or January 2017 whereas the organization has not announced any tentative time for conducting the mains examination. Most of you are wondering about the job profile of this post because of altogether a new designation attached to the post. In this article, we shall try to help you in this regard so that you can get an idea of the duties and responsibilities of Assistant Managers in the newly coming up bank of India Post.
IPPB Scale I Officers 2016: Job Profile in detail
IPPB is going to start full-fledged operations for its payments bank from next year onwards and that is why, it is recruiting scale I officers for the branches as these officers are going to be the last mile of connectivity in providing services at the branch level. Now, let us look at the duties and responsibilities that you have to perform as an AM Scale I in the bank:
- Managing day to day operations: As an Assistant Manager Scale I, you are going to be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the bank. The word ‘territory’ in your designation implies that it is your duty to make things run smoothly in the branch every day.
- Building a stable customer base: In another words, we call it building the business base of your branch. You need to maintain good relationship with the customers so that you can increase the overall business of your branch. In this era of fierce competition in the banking industry, you need to always provide customers with better and more effective services to make them come to you.
- Maintain profitability of the branch: Though this is not only your duty but you will be responsible for maintaining the same at the grass roots level. As the in-charge of the branch, you need to do things that will take care of the profit margins easily and effectively. It is a new bank and you need to work hard to maintain this. Your Manager will help you in this.
- Managing the compliance part of regulations: As a payments bank, you are bound by certain rules and regulations as prescribed by RBI. As an Assistant Manager, you need to take care of this part in the daily operations of the bank where you will be required to supervise things in the best possible way to steer clear of any type of violation of norms and regulations.
- Manage the customer service points / Business correspondents etc: This is important since as a new bank, you will need the services of customer service points or business correspondents in order to deliver your services to the rural areas of the country. As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible to manage them and guide them properly.
- Cross selling of third party products: This is important for these banks since you have to maintain profitability and without any loan to be offered, it is your only way to make products from insurance companies, mutual fund houses, loan products available to your customers. As the front desk executive, you need to do this.
- Audit Reports preparation: You will not be alone in this but you need to be assisting the manager to prepare these reports before actual audit comes to your branch so that you mitigate any and every chance of operational guidelines violation, revenue deficit etc .
IPPB PO recruitment has come as a blessing to candidates who have already been preparing for IBPS PO and other banking examinations. This is a better opportunity in terms of the stress related to the job of PO and it being a government job. You have to prepare very hard for it since the competition will be more with the number of seats very less. Study as much as you can with smart planning and give the best in the examination.
All the best!!