ssc online exam
Staff Selection Commission has shifted the SSC CGL 2017 examination from 5 August, 2017. The examination would get conducted through the examination centres across the country while some of the rules and regulations of the examination are being changed by the authority. After announcement of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, earlier this year, to abolish interview from Group C and Group D government posts, the Staff Selection Commission has decided to make changes in the overall pattern of the examination and included descriptive test along with the prevailed two tier written examination for final selection. The most vital change that the commission has made in the examination pattern is that it has converted the two tier of written test into online computer based exams. This has ranged the alarm bell for many students who are not that comfortable with computers as they would have to undergo the examination online for selection. The pattern of tier I written examination has also got an alteration. Thus keeping in mind the changes the candidates must prepare themselves for the examination and undergo papers in which they are weak in.
Why analysis of the syllabus is important to crack SSC Exams?
Things to Do at the time of SSC CGL 2017 Online Examination
- Since the question paper has converted into online one, the candidates must make sure that they have a glance at the questions once.
- There would be 100 questions in total for the Tier I examination of SSC CGL containing four broad papers namely, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. Each of the questions would carry 2 marks and thus should be answered carefully as there would be negative marking of 0.50 with every wrong evaluation of questions.
- The candidates must keep the time factor in mind as they would get only 75 minutes time to complete all the 100 questions at the Tier I examination. They should prepare before the examination keeping the time constraint in mind and segregate time for each of the subjects and plan accordingly.
- After clearing the two tiers of written test the candidates would have to undergo an offline descriptive test in either English/Hindi, which is off 100 marks and provides 60 minutes to answer. The candidates must at first give a glance to this paper and segregate the known and strong contours first. They must not immediately and form the answers in mind before starting to write on paper.
- The candidates must prepare themselves and gain adequate confidence in operating computers during the examination, as the SSC CGL examination would be conducted online from this year onwards. They should also undergo the official notification regarding the examination to understand the pattern well
SSC CGL Online Examination 2017: How to master it
Don’ts of SSC CGL 2017 Online Examination
- The candidates must not fear the new system of examination (computer based) and must make sure that they have prior practice in such an interface before going for the examination.
- The candidates must not get nervous and give away during the examination seeing the questions. They should on the contrary look at the questions carefully and try to find out answers with their preparation till date.
- The candidates must not bring any electronic devices, papers, camera or any other such suspicious material at the examination centres. There candidature could get canceled if they are caught possessing such material during the examination.
- The candidates must not indulge in any form of cheating during the examination from any other sources.
- The candidates must not forget about the time while solving questions and should not invest much time in any one particular question, as they would have to finish the papers on time to succeed.
- The candidates must not rely on guess work and give wrong answers in the examination as the negative marks associated with the wrong answers can let down their chances of getting through to the next round of selection.
Scope of online coaching for preparing SSC exams
The Staff Selection Commission has altered the model of selection this year by including descriptive test along with the previously held multiple choice objective written tests. The candidates must undergo the revised notification from the commission to understand the changes in the pattern of tier I examination as well, and prepare themselves for the same.