Ministry Of Defence, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) invited applications for Recruitment to the post of Vice Chancellor at Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT). The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement. DRDO is an agency of the Republic of India, responsible for the development of technology for use by the military. It was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Technical Development Establishment and the Directorate of Technical Development and Production with the Defence Science Organisation. Main work of DRDO is to develop new techniques for the use of Indian military so that they could be ready for any situation or war by having new technologies.
- Opening Date of Application Forms: 26 April 2014
- Closing Date of Application Forms: 16 May 2014 (within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement)
Detail of Vacancies
- Name of the post: Vice Chancellor
- Total No. of Post: 1 Post
- The candidate should possess highest level of competence, integrity and institutional commitment.
- The candidate should be a distinguished Academician/Scientist/Technologist.
- The candidate should have minimum 10 years experience as a professor in a university system, or in an equivalent position in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organisation.
Candidate will be recruit for a period of 5 years or till attaining the age of 70 (whichever is earlier).
Pay Scale: Rs.75000/- per month fixed + special pay Rs.5000/- per month & allowance as per UGC guidelines.
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply on line through RAC website: http://rac.gov.in.
- The candidates may also apply by downloading the application form from the RAC website.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with attested copies of all required Certificates/Documents should be submitted to the Director, Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC), Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi-54 within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.