- Candidates should be of Indian Nationality or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.
- Candidates should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh. The candidates should satisfy Local / Non-Local status requirements as laid down in the A.P. Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) order, 1974 as subsequently amended (See Annexure III).
- For Engineering, B.Pharmacy (M.P.C), B.Tech. (Dairy), B.Tech. (Ag. Engineering), B.Tech. [Food Science and Technology (FS & T)], B.Sc. [Commercial Agriculture and Business Management (CA & BM)] courses:
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for the final year of Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optionals or related vocational courses in the fields of Engineering and Technology, conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh, along with bridge course or courses conducted by it for candidates enrolled from academic year 2000 onwards, or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates should have passed or appeared at the final year of the Diploma examination in Engineering conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, A.P.
- In the case of Engineering and Pharmacy courses, candidates should have completed 16 years of age, as on 31st December of the year of admission. There is no upper age limit.
- In the case of B.Tech (Dairy Technology), B.Tech ( Ag Engineering), B. Tech (FST) and B.Sc (CA & BM), Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission and an upper age limit of 22 years for all the candidates and 25 years in respect of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe candidates as on 31st December of the year of Admissions.