The features of the ‘Problem Solving Assessment’ (CBSE-PSA) will be as follows: -
1. It will be compulsory for all students of Classes IX and class XI carry 90 marks. There will be 60 items of MCQ type.
2. It will assess the following areas:-
3. The items will incorporate aspects of 21 Century Skills (Creative Thinking, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Communication) that leads to success at Secondary Stage. They should be able to assess student’s ability to process, interpret and use information rather than assess student’s prior subject matter knowledge.
4. The Assessment will contain items that will assess written expression, including grammar and usage, vocabulary in context and passage-completion.
5. The items will be able to assess students ability. The test items will be so designed that they will also help in improving scores within the core school subjects as the Problem Solving Assessment test items are designed to improve the generic skills.
6. The question paper will be bilingual.
7. PSA score will be counted towards FA4 which is 10% of total assessments for class-IX. This score will be reflected equally in one language (English or Hindi), Mathematics, Science and Social Science. Class-XI students will be issued a separate certificate for the same.
8. Students studying in class X and XII in the current session (who appeared in PSA while studying in classes IX and XI during the previous session) who wish to improve in PSA are allowed to do so. Related information may be indicated clearly at the time of submission of list of candidates (LOC) for 2015 annual examination.
9. There will be no separate registration for appearing in PSA.
10. A nominal fee of Rs.100/- per student for appearing in PSA is to be submitted by the school at the time of submission of other details.