General Awareness for MBA : 7 July to 13 July
Jul 15, 2015 14:07 IST
- The Income Tax (IT) Department on 13 July 2015 launched One Time Password (OTP) based e-filing verification system for taxpayers.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 9 July 2015 released the final guidelines on Prepaid Payment Instruments for Mass Transit System (PPI-MTS). The issued guidelines enable the issuance of a separate category of semi-closed prepaid payment instruments for mass transit systems.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 2 July 2015 gave its approval to the Central Sector Scheme for Promotion of National Agricultural Market through Agri-Tech Infrastructure Fund (ATIF).
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 2 July 2015 gave its approval for a new scheme called Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY).
- Iconic Mexican musician Joan Sebastian passed away on 13 July 2015 after battling bone cancer for more than 15 years in Juliantla, Mexico. He was 64. He was also known as El Rey del Jaripeo (the King of Mexican Rodeo).
- Frost and Sullivan, a US-based Growth Partnership Company, on 14 July 2015 recognised Make in India initiative of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Government of India.
- Iconic Tamil music composer Manayangath Subramanian Viswanathan (MSV) died on 14 July 2015 following a brief illness. He was 87. He is survived by four sons and three daughters.
- The Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Simhastha Kumbh Mela began on 14 July 2015. The year-long festival will end 11 August 2016.
- India stood second among 40 countries in terms of Confidence in National Government in 2014 as per the Government at a Glance 2015 reportthat placed Switzerland at the top with Norway coming in third.
- Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri's ‘Buddha in a Traffic Jam’ won the Best Original Screenplay award in the Foreign Language Category at the Madrid International Film Festival, Spain, which was held from 2 July – 11 July 2015.
- The 12-day Godavari Maha Pushkaram began on 14 July 2015 on the banks of River Godavari in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. It will be held till 25 July 2015.
- An India-based software products and technology services company Comparex India Pvt. Ltd on 14 July 2015 won the prestigious Microsoft Country Partner of the Year Award for 2015. Comparex India Pvt. Ltd is headquartered in New Delhi.
- Four Indians-Mishi Choudhary, Manish Dahiya, Sanjay Vijayakumar and Aarti Wig- were figured in the Asia 21 Young Leaders Class of 2015 list that was released on 8 July 2015 in New York, the USA.
- The Union Government on 12 July 2015 appointed international lawyer Rodrigo Oreamuno to arbitrate with the UK telecom major Vodafone in the 20000 crore rupees tax case on its behalf. Oreamuno replaces former Chief Justice of India RC Lahoti, who recused himself in May 2015.
- Tata Steel's West Bokaro Division was on 11 July 2015 conferred with the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award (GPEMA) 2015 in New Delhi.
- India’s second largest IT services firm Infosys on 8 July 2015 signed a multi-million euro deal with Deutsche Bank. As per this agreement, Infosys will provide services like application maintenance, package implementation and testing services across the Deutsche Bank Group.
- Bandhan Bank Ltd on 9 July 2015 appointed its Chairman and Board of Directors. The bank will commence its operations in India from 23 August 2015. It will be the first bank to be established in Eastern India post Independence.
- Rahul Bhatnagar was on 8 July 2015 appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Bharti Enterprises. He will report to Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman of Bharti Enterprises.
- HDFC Bank, the country’s second largest private sector bank, launched Watch Banking application for Apple Watch in the first week of July 2015.
- Union Ministry of Urban Development on 14 July 2015 launched the National Heritage Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) for 12 cities in the country from Amritsar in Punjab.
- The Union Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) on 13 July 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to facilitate strategic partnership on skill development and entrepreneurship.
- The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) on 9 July 2015 launched two mobile based applications to help farmers get prices on shrimp and capture data on aquaculture through mobile. Moreover, MPEDA also revamped its website and launched an online registration portal for exporters.
- The Department of Border Management of the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on 8 July 2015 issued modified Border Area Development Programme (BDAP) guidelines.
- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on 8 July 2015 launched a mobile ticketing app for unreserved tickets that will cover 35 stations between the 123 km long Churchgate-Dhauroad suburban section in Western Railway.
- The National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) on 7 July 2015 launched a mobile application named Pashu Poshan that will boost dairy farmers' income by raising milk yield and cutting feed cost. The app will recommend a balanced diet for cows and buffaloes.
- Ending a 12-year stand-off, Iran and P5+1 countries comprising of the United States, the United Kingdom (UK), Russia, China, France and Germany on 14 July 2015 reached an agreement on the Iran nuclear programme
- India and Georgia on 13 July 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the field of election management and administration. The MoU was signed by Chief Election Commissioner of India Nasim Zaidi and Tamar Zhvania, Chairperson, Central Election Commission, Georgia.
- The European Union (EU) Summit on 12 July 2015 gave in principle approval to a bailout package worth between 82- 86 billion euro to Greece. The Summit was held in Brussels, Belgium.
- India and Tajikistan on 13 July 2015 signed two agreements/Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) to further strengthentheir defence cooperation which is a strong pillar of strategic partnership between both the friendly nations.
- India on 14 July 2015 won the three-match One Day International (ODI) Series against Zimbabwe 3-0 played in Harare.
- Justice RM Lodha-headed panel on IPL Betting Scandal 2013 on 14 July 2015 suspended Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) for two years. Suspension of two times IPL champion CSK and inaugural winner RR comes with immediate effect.
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 13 July 2015 suspended Mumbai Ranji cricketer Hiken Shah with immediate effect. BCCI suspended him after he was found guilty of breaching BCCI’s Anti-Corruption Code for participants.
- Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis, the top-seeded Indo-Swiss pair of Tennis on 11 July 2015 won women’s doubles title at Wimbledon. In the title clash played at Centre Court in London, the Indo-Swiss pair defeated Russian duo of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina 5-7, 7-6, 7-5.
- Seventh seed Indo-Swiss pair of Leander Paes and Martina Hingis on 12 July 2015 won mixed doubles title at Wimbledon. In the final clash, the duo defeated the fifth seed Austrian-Hungarian team of Alexander Peya and Timea Babos 6-1, 6-1.
- World Number One Serena Williams on 11 July 2015 has won Wimbledon Women's Single title. In the final clash played at Centre Court, London, Williams (US) defeated Garbine Muguruza (Spain) in straight sets 6-4, 6-4.
- Defending champion Novak Djokovic on 12 July 2015 won men’s singles title of Wimbledon. In the final clash played in London, Serbian Djokovic defeated Roger Federer of Switzerland 7-6, 6-7, 6-4, 6-3.