Education has gone a lot of revision in past untold years and now it has become one of the most prime decisions of a student’s life. Parents do not take it leniently at all as it lays the foundation of upcoming future of their children.
Let’s learn in an unprecedented way!
India has three major educational backbones popularly known as boards like CBSE, state board and ICSE, serving all its academic needs. Out of these, two most preferred boards are CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) and ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education).
CBSE- Central Board of Secondary Education
The most accepted one among all is CBSE, which is considered as the main scholastic board in India. This is responsible for governing all secondary and senior secondary exams every year in all the states.
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)
This was first entrenched by the group of local examinations conducting bodies of the University of Cambridge during British time and later, was taken over by the Anglo Indian Board. ICSE differs a lot by the way syllabus is followed at schools and also by its content and course details.
How CBSE is different from ICSE?
- Competitive Exams- One of the stupendous advantages of studying from CBSE School is that you already know the pattern and can prepare well for major competitive exams that are held in India, like AIEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination), the AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test) and IIT-JEE (Joint Entrance Examination). However, it is not so in case of ICSE.
- Focus on English- ICSE assigns too much priority on English which proves very fruitful to students in later stages of life, while in CBSE no great emphasis is paid to this subject. In fact, more emphasis is given to subjects like mathematics and science.
- Certification- CBSE certificate is valid all over the country, in any state or city’s educational college and institute. Also, it holds value if you wish to go for further studies and knowledge. But, ICSE is valid throughout the world, especially in foreign colleges and universities.
- Syllabus Pattern-Syllabus structure of CBSE is very manageable and petite. Subjects like Geography, History, and Civics all come under one subject as social science. Likewise, accountancy, Economics and business studies are considered as the branch of Commerce and physics, chemistry, mathematics fall under one subject-Science. Subjects like Computers, Physical education, Environmental science etc are not compulsory at all. However if we see ICSE, it is bit complicated and has way too much extensive subject pattern as it has been found that even a sixth grade student has to face 13 subjects all together to qualify.
- Preferred Career- ICSE is more focused on subjects like humanities and management. So, students would find course more gripping. On the contrary, CBSE focuses on science and commerce subjects, which throws students for many career options.
Both boards come with their own unique characteristics. So, it is advisable to know about your child’s career aspirations, strong points and then choose the most right board for him/her.