Institute of Banking Personal Selection (IBPS) has turned out to be household name for banking aspirants as it carries out recruitment drive every year for the member nationalized banks around the country. This year around IBPS has invited candidates to take the Probationary Officer CWE V in the month of October 2015. The examination would be twofold- prelims and Mains. The candidates need to qualify the prelims exam to get through to the Main examination which is of 200 marks and contain 200 multiple choice questions spread in five papers altogether. The five papers are English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge. The prelims contain only the first three of the papers with a total of 100 marks.
General Awareness paper is there to test the general understanding and sense for news among the candidates. News of national and international importance gets space as questions in this paper and there is a special emphasis that is given on the banking sector information in this paper. Those candidates who are weak in terms of banking methodologies, schemes, plans, history need to brush up their skills and get ready to prepare for the paper at the very onset.
Syllabus for General Awareness: Although IBPS does not provide syllabus, Jagranjosh has come up with topics to be prepared for IBPS PO Exam 2015.
The topics list: This part covers following topics:-
• Current affairs related to national and international issues of last 6 months.
• Overview of Indian Financial System
• History of Indian banking system.
• Recent credit and monetary policies
• Familiarity of work and responsibilities of National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc and of
International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN etc.
• Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
• Banking Terms
• Government Schemes on capital & money market
Preparation Tips for General Awareness:
• Read whatever strikes importance: In this digital world of information there are hundreds and hundreds of events that are flashing in front of our eyes every day. Candidates need to sort out information which seems important and has value to make a space in the question paper. They need to make a list of important items and wiggle through all the information that they get to memorize them by heart.
• Go through various information sources: It is important not to limit yourself to the books that offer information about the recent past. Candidates need to take great help from the internet itself, digging up information and latest turn of events of any matter of national and international importance. It is important to go through books, journals, magazines, online portals, blogs and any source of vital information which could help preparing for the paper.
• Focus on the banking terminologies: The paper focuses majorly on the development of the banking events and banking terminologies. Hence it is important to study books or journals related to banking terms giving clear idea about the overall sector and important know-how’s.
• Take note while reading: You might not remember everything that you read on each fine morning. Hence it is important to make notes of important things that you read every day. Use highlights and markers to mark important sentences within long articles. Go through online video streaming sites to get an idea about the banking sector in a glance. Memorize the banking terms through repetitive cycle.
• Save time for the other papers: This is one such paper which can save enormous time during the examination and thus the candidates need not to panic and remain confident about what they have read while preparing and answer the questions with ease.