ICAR - National Institute of Abiotic Stress Management (NIASM) invited applications from eligible Indian citizens for 5 posts of Research Associate (RA), Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and Junior Research Fellow. Eligible candidates can appear for the walk-in-interview on 23 May 2015.
Date of Walk-in-Interview: 23 May 2015
Details of Post
- Research Associate (RA): 1 post
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF): 3 posts
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF): 1 post
- Research Associate (1st project): Candidate should have completed Post graduate in Agricultural or in field of physiology/ Genetics/ Plant breeding / Plant Biochemistry & Ph.D. in Plant Physiology/ Genetics/Plant breeding/ Plant Biochemistry and have 2 year Experience in controlled environment facilities, experience in screening crop genotypes, use of molecular biology methods& knowledge of computer operated greenhouse and its maintenance.
- Senior Research Fellow (1st project): Candidate should be Post graduate in Agricultural or in Biotechnology / Plant biotechnology/ Agricultural biotechnology and have Experience in molecular biology methods like RNA/DNA/Protein extraction & use of bioinformatics tools for crop improvement.
- Senior Research Fellow (1st project): Candidate should be Post graduate in Agricultural or in Soil Science/ Soil chemistry/ Agricultural Microbiology / Microbiology with specialization in plant/soil/microbe interactions and have Experience in screening crop genotypes for drought, heat and salinity tolerance, identification & characterisation of beneficial soil microbes & working knowledge of computers.
- Senior Research Fellow (2nd project): Candidate should have completed Master’s degree in Microbiology/Agricultural Microbiology/ Applied Microbiology and Botany with specialization in Mycology and have Experience in isolation, identification and maintenance of Bacteria/ Actinomycetes and fungi (mycorrhiza) from extreme habitats’ (saline/alkaline), experience in extraction of plant microbes based secondary metabolites, genomic and soil metagenomic DNA. Experience in handling equipment like PCR, GLC, and HPLC; good working knowledge of computer.
- Junior Research Fellow (3rd project): Candidate should be Post graduate in Agricultural or in crop physiology/ Plant Physiology with minimum of 55% marks having valid qualified NET/GATE/LS/BET and have Experience in screening crop genotypes for heat and drought tolerance.
The maximum age for JRF and SRF will be 35 years for men and 40 years for women and for RA will be 40 years for men and 45 years for women (relaxation in age as per GOI/ ICAR norms).
- Research Associate (RA): Rs.24000/- + 10% HRA for PhD holders and Rs.23000/- + 10% HRA for Master degree holders
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF): Rs.16000/- per month + 10% HRA for 1st & 2nd year while Rs.18000/- per month + 10% HRA for 3rd year
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF): Rs.25000/- + 10% HRA for 1st & 2nd Year & SRF @Rs.28000/- + 10% HRA for 3rd year
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can appear for the walk-in-interview on 23 May 2015 at 10.30 am along with the with recent photograph and a set of attested copies of date of birth proof, requisite mark-sheets, educational certificates and other supporting documents.