IIT JEE admissions: Information on third round of seat allotment
Click here to know the information on third round of seat allotment.
The third round of seat allocation for admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and other technology institutions was announced on July 18th, 2015. The result of third round has also been disclosed online. Candidates may access the results at the official websites of JEE Advanced and JoSAA portal. The details of the category-wise opening and closing ranks for the third round of allocation are also available on the official site of JEE Advanced.
The closing rank is the rank of the last candidate who is allotted a seat in the respective category and programme. However, it is possible that a candidate with a better (numerically smaller) rank than the closing rank has not been allotted a seat in the respective program or category because of one or more of the following reasons:
1. The seat allotted to the candidate in the first round of allocation was cancelled due to one or more of the following:
- The candidate's category (OBC, SC or ST) changed to General category
- The candidate's PwD status changed from Yes to No
- The candidate's gender entry changed from Male to Female
- There was a change in the State Code of Eligibility of the candidate
2. The candidate exercised the Freeze or Slide option while accepting seat allocated in the first round of allocation and, or changed willingness option in the second round of allocation.
3. At the time of accepting the seat allocated in the first or second round of allocation, the candidate was found to be ineligible (e.g., due to colour blindness, one-eyed vision, etc.) for some of his/her chosen courses.