Indian Bureau of Mines invited application for recruitment to non-gazette posts. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 08 July 2013. The Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) established in 1948, is a multi-disciplinary government organisation under the Department of Mines, Ministry of Mines, engaged in promotion of conservation, scientific development of mineral resources and protection of environment in mines other than coal, petroleum & natural gas, atomic minerals and minor minerals.
Opening Date of Application Form: 8 June 2013
Closing Date of Application Form: 8 July 2013
Name of Post
- Senior Technical Assistant (Mining Engineering): 04 posts
- Senior Technical Assistant (Chemistry): 03 posts
- Senior Technical Assistant (Survey): 01 post
- Junior Technical Assistant (ore Dressing): 01 post
- Pilot Plant Assistant: 01 post
- Draftsman: 03 posts
- Assistant Store Keeper (Technical): 01 post
- Store Clerk: 04 posts
- Mechanic: 01 post
10. Electrician: 01 post
11. Laboratory Attendant: 03 posts
12. Chainman: 09 posts
13. Jr Press Assistant: 01 post
Total No of Posts: 33
- For Post 1, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12 & 13: Between 18yrs to 27yrs
- For Post 2 & 3: Between 20yrs to 30yrs.
- For Post 4, 7 & 9: Between 18yrs to 30yrs
- For Post 5: Between 20yrs to 27yrs.
1. SR. TECHINICAL ASSISTANT (MINING ENGINEERING): Diploma in Mining Engineering or its equivalent and 3yrs experience in mines, preferably underground mines.
2. SR. TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (CHEMISTRY): M.Sc. in Chemistry preferably with specializations in inorganic or Physical Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry OR B.Sc. with Chemistry with 3yrs experience in analysis or ores and minerals.
3.SR. TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (SURVEY): Matriculation or equivalent and Mine surveyors Competency Certificate OR Exchange Certificate awarded by the Board of Mining Examination Dhanbad OR Diploma in Mining and Mines surveying OR Diploma of ITI of 2yrs course in Surveying.
4. JR. TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (ORE DRESSING): Master's degree in Ore- Dressing, Mineral processing or Geology or Chemistry or Physics OR Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy OR Bachelor's degree in Ore-Dressing of Geology or Chemistry or Physics with two years experience in Ore-Dressing or Mineralogy
5. PILOT PLANT ASSISTANT: Matriculation with 5yrs experience of work in an ore dressing laboratory or in ore dressing pilot plant.
6. DRAFTSMAN: Matriculation and Diploma or Certificate of not less than two years duration in (Civil/ Mechanical) Draftsmanship from National Council for Training in Vocational Trades (NCTVT)
7.ASSISTANT STORE KEEPER (TECHNICAL): 10+2 with Mathematics and 3yrs service in Central Govt. or recognized organization/ institution in handling Engineering or Technical Stores.
8. STORE CLERK: Matriculation and experience in handling technical stores for not less a year in a recognized Organization/ Institution. Typing speed of 30 wpm in Hindi or English is desirable.
9. MECHANIC: ITI certificate as Machineman or Fitter or Mechanic OR Matriculation plus 5 years experience in maintenance or repairs of ore dressing or similar machines in a scientific laboratory.
10. ELECTRICIAN: Matriculation and should be a holder of Wireman Electric License and should have atleast 2yrs experience as Electrician in an environment where electric motors run on 3 phase supply.
11. LABORATORY ATTENDANT: Matriculation and 2 years experience of work in a scientific laboratory. Possession of ‘B’ and ‘C’ certificate of the National Cadet Corps Training is desirable.
12. CHAINMAN: Matriculation and must have experience of working with some survey party in a field or in a mine.
13. JR. PRESS ASSISTANT: Matriculation and 2 years diploma in Printing and Composing from ITI. Candidates must have 2 years experience in hand composing or operating treadle printing press or offset printing press or Xerographic equipment specially relating to technical book work.
- For Post 1 ,2 & 3: Rs.9300-34800 (PB-2) + 4200/-(G.P)
- For Post 4: Rs.5200-20200(PB1) + 2800/-(GP)
- For Post 5 , 6 & 7: Rs.5200-20200 (PB1) +2400/-(G.P)
- For Post 8 , 9 & 10: Rs.5200-20200(PB2) +1900/-(GP)
- For Post 11 , 12 & 13: Rs.5200-20200 (PB1) + 1800/ (G.P)
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in written test/Interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Fill the form, affix recent passport size photograph (duly attested by Gazetted Officer), self attested copies of all relevant certificates in support of age, qualification, experience, caste and 3 recent passport size photographs in an envelope mentioning the name of the post applied for on the top of the envelope should be forwarded to the address given below:
The Administrative Officer Indian Bureau of Mines,
4th floor, Indira Bhavan,
Civil Lines, Nagpur-440001