Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur is the first and foremost IIT and was established in May 1950 with the recommendations of the Sarkar Committe. IIT Kharagpur invited applications from intended candidates for admission to Joint MTech/ MCP- PhD programme.
Name of Programme
Joint MTech/ MCP- PhD (full time)
- Last date to submit online application: 8 April 2013
- Deadline to receive hard copy of submitted online application form:15 April 2013
- Aspirants belonging to General / OBC categories should possess first class BTech degree (55% marks for SC/ST/PD applicants) or equivalent from institute/ University.
- Admission seekers must be NET - Qualified with Fellowship having MA or MSc Degree in Economics, Sociology or Geography having studied Mathematics at the higher secondary level
- Candidates possessing Master's Degree in Science subject must have 60% or above (55% marks or equivalent CGPA for Master's degree holders in Arts or Social Science subjects).
The selection of the candidates will be based on GATE 2012 or GATE 2013 score only for all specializations in the departments except AR, AT, BT, CET, EE, GG, ID, IM and RT. The admission to these departments will be based on GATE score and Personal Interview.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
General/ OBC applicants will be required to shell an amount of Rs 500 towards application fee while the fee is Rs 250 for SC/ST/PD applicants. The application fee must be remitted in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of IIT Kharagpur on any nationalised bank payable atKharagpur, West Bengal.
No application fee for Female candidates.
How to Apply
- Admission seekers should submit the online applications on the website of the institute
- Applicants must take print out of submitted online application form and attach Demand draft, copy of GATE Score card and relevant certificates for OBC/SC/ST/PD (as applicable).
- Application form along with all enclosures must reach to the following address by speed post within the prescribed time span:
To seek more details, please visit http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/