Joint CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test (Joint CSIR- UGC NET June 2013)
Here you find all information about Joint CSIR UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) that will be conducted on 23 June 2013. The last date to apply online for the exam is 2 March 2013
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India, a premier national R&D organisation, is among the world's largest publicly funded R&D organisation. Human Resource Development Group has been contributing significantly towards producing an inquiring society and fast growing knowledge economy. It invites application from eligible candidates for the National Eligibility Test (NET).
Name of the Post for CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test June 2013
a) NET (National Eligibility Test) for appointment as Lecturers
b) NET + JRF (National Eligibility Test + Junior Research Fellowship) to receive fellowship from UGC
- Opening date for sale of application form through banks/ online submission: 5 February 2012
- Closing date for sale of application form by post only: 25 February 2013
- Closing date for sale of application form/ online submission of fee: 1 March 2013
- Closing date online submission of application: 2 March 2013
- Date of Written Test: 23 June 2013
a) Morning Session: 9 am to 12 pm (Life Sciences / Earth Sciences / Physical Sciences)
b) Afternoon Session: 2 pm to 5 pm (Chemical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences/ Engineering Sciences)
- Last date of receipt of completed application forms (including duly completed hard copy of on line application in the Examination Unit): 7 March 2013
- Last date of receipt of (both kind) Completed application forms (for candidates from far flung areas): 7 March 2013
- Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis: 12 April 2013
- Last date for applying for non-registration for the test: 20 May 2013
- Date for publishing list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website: 13 May 2013
- Opening Date for dispatch of Admission Certificate: Last week of May 2013
- Date for Declaration of Result: September 2013
- Date for awarding fellowship to successful candidates: From 1 October 2013
Eligibility Criteria for CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test June 2012
Educational Qualification: 4 years program/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/MSc or equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks for General & OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates; 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and PhD degree holders who had passed Master’s degree prior to 19 September 1991.
Age Limit (as on 1 January 2013)
- NET: Minimum 19 years; there is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship eligibility
- NET + JRF: Minimum 19 years; Maximum 28 years
Selection Procedure for CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test June 2012: The recruitment will be made on the basis of merit in Written Test (single paper MCQ based test) which will be held in the subjects mentioned below
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
The question paper shall be divided into three parts, (A, B & C) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam.
- Part ‘A’ shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude
- Part ‘B’ shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part ‘C’ shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
Note: Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per scheme of Examination. The test will be conducted at 26 centres across India.
How to Apply for CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test June 2012
Application Fee: Application fee for General category is Rs 400, fee for OBC candidates is Rs 200, and fee for SC/ ST/ Physically Handicapped/ Visually Handicapped candidate is Rs 100.
The fee needs to be paid in the form of crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Indian Bank, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi. Candidates are required to write his/her name, Date Of Birth, address, date of Examination (23 June 2013) and subject code on the back of the Demand Draft. Besides, the candidates should also check the code number of the issuing bank and drawee bank and also amount and signatures of issuing authority.
- By Post: The information Bulletin and Application form may also be obtained through Value Payable Post (VPP) from the Indian Bank, 3/1, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi- 110 008, by sending a crossed Demand draft. For this purpose, the candidate should send a request to the Bank with TWO self-addressed slips clearly mentioning the address at which he/she desires the Information Bulletin & Application Form to be sent by VPP. The candidate should write his/her name, Date of Birth, address, date of Examination and subject code on the back of the Demand Draft. However, before attaching the draft with letter of request, the candidates should check that it bears the code number of the issuing bank and drawee bank and also amount and signatures of issuing authority.
- Online Application: Interested & eligible candidates may apply for this test Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country. Candidates after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach requisite certificates and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope to Sr. Controller of Examinations, Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012
The application form (through Bank or online), duly completed with requisite enclosures should be sent by Under Certificate of Posting /Ordinary post to the Sr. Controller of Examinations, Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012.
For more information, please CLICK HERE