Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is going to conduct the “Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship, December 2013” on the scheduled date of 22 December 2013.
CSIR holds the Joint CSIR-UGC NET twice a year to determine the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and also to determine their eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in subjects that fall under the faculty of Science & Technology.
Scheme of the Examination
- The Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test December 2013 will comprise a Single Paper of 200 marks, which shall consist of only MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) type questions on General Aptitude and relevant Subject carrying two marks for each.
- The exam will be of three hours of duration.
- The provision of negative marking for each wrong answer is applied, and varies subject-wise.
- The test will be held on 22 December 2013 in two sessions:
- Morning Session -- 9.00AM-12.00 Noon
- Afternoon Session -- 2.00 PM-5.00 PM
- Part A: This part will be common to all subjects, containing a maximum of 20 questions on General Aptitude. The candidates will be required to answer any 15 questions carrying two marks each as the total marks allocated to this section is 30 out of 200.
- Part B: This section will contain subject-related conventional MCQs covering the topics given in the syllabus. The total marks allocated to this section are 70 out of 200. Therefore, candidates will be required to attempt questions in this part in the range of 20-35.
- Part C: This very part will contain questions of higher value to test the candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem. The total marks allocated to this part are 100 out of 200.
- The question paper will be divided in three parts
We wish all the best to all the aspirants.