Mazagon Dock Limited Notified Recruitment for 1835 Various Posts 2014
Mazagon Dock Limited invited applications for recruitment to the post of Technical Staff and Operatives in various trades in Skilled & Semi-skilled grades for appointment on Contract Basis for a maximum period of two years.
Mazagon Dock Limited invited applications for recruitment to the post of Technical Staff and Operatives in various trades in Skilled & Semi-skilled grades for appointment on Contract Basis for a maximum period of two years. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 27 June 2014. Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) is India’s prime shipyard. It manufactures warships and submarines for the Indian Navy, as well as offshore platforms and associated support vessels for offshore oil drilling. It also builds tankers, cargo bulk carriers and passenger ships and ferries.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 27 June 2014
- Date of Interview: 9 July 2014
Details of Posts
Name of the Posts:
I. Special Grade (IDA-8)
- Master 2nd Class: 1
II. Skilled Grade-I (IDA-5)
- Jr. Draughtsman: 19
- Jr. Planner Estimator (Mech.): 12
- Jr. Planner Estimator (Elec./Electronics): 10
- Jr. Q C Inspector (Mech.): 17
- Jr. Q C Inspector (Electrical): 3
- Store Keeper: 10
- Fitter: 281
- Structural Fabricator: 260
- Pipe Fitter: 292
- Electronic Mechanic: 55
- Electrician: 198
- Electric Crane Operator: 4
- Painter: 59
- Carpenter: 42
- Comp. Welder: 174
- Rigger: 128
- Machinist: 14
- Compressor Attendant: 3
- Diesel Crane Operator: 1
III. Semi Skilled Grade-III (IDA-4A)
- Security Sepoy(Ex- Servicemen): 21
IV. Semi Skilled Grade-I (IDA-2)
- Utility Hand: 127
- Chipper Grinder: 104
Total No. of the Posts: 1835
- Special Gr (IDA-8): Rs.9500/- + allowances
- Skilled Gr-I (IDA-5): Rs.7500/- + allowances
- Semi Skilled Gr-III (IDA-4A): Rs.7250/- + allowances
- Semi Skilled Gr-I(IDA-2): Rs.6000/- + allowances
Candidate should have Certificate of competency (2nd class Master) issued by Maharashtra Maritime Board/Mercantile Marine Dept with min. 3 year experience and knowledge of Swimming. Candidate should also possess SSC/HSC with diploma in National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination in relevant Trade with desired experience as per the post.
- Candidate’s age should not be below 18 years and above 33 years as on 1 June 2014.
- Age relaxations would be as per Government rules.
- General and OBC candidates need to pay the fee of Rs. 100/- in form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of Mazagon Dock Limited payable at Mumbai.
- No fee for SC/ST/PWD & Ex-servicemen candidates.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in interview followed by trade test.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with DD and attested copies of all required Certificates/Documents, should be submitted to the DGM (HR-Rec-NE), Recruitment Cell, Service Block-3rd Floor, Mazagon Dock Limited, Dockyard Road, Mumbai-400010 on or before 27 June 2014.