Miranda House, College for women at university of Delhi invited applications for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor in various departments. Eligible candidates can send applications in the prescribed format on or before 9 June 2014. Male candidates may also apply for the post. Miranda House was establishment in 1948. It offers degrees in the sciences and the liberal arts.
Last Date for receipt of Application forms: 9 June 2014
Details of Post
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
Name of the Departments:
- Botany: 1
- Chemistry: 2
- Computer Science: 2
- Elementary Education: 6
- English: 4
- Hindi: 2
- History: 3
- Mathematics: 5
- Philosophy: 2
- Physical Education: 1
- Physics: 4
- Political Science: 5
- Sociology: 1
- Zoology: 2
- Mil (Bengali): 1
Total No. of Posts: 41 posts
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs. 6,000 + usual allowances
- Good academic record with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E & F at the Master degree level in the relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a foreign University.
- Qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC (state level eligibility test SLET/SET).
- Candidates who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in compliance of the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and procedure for awards of M. Phil/ Ph.D. degree), Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
Candidates will be required to pay demand draft of Rs.250/- (in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates Rs.100/-) drawn in favour of Principal, Miranda House.
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Interview.
How to Apply
- Candidates have to apply Online through website: http://mirandahouse.net/ApplicationIndexPage.aspx
- No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- After applying online, print out of application along with DD, enclosures in support of caste, educational qualification, work experience, research activities etc., should be forwarded to the Principal, Miranda House, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007.
- Candidates must write the advt. no. and name of the post with discipline applied on top of envelop.