National Museum Institute announced Admissions for MA Programs 2013
National Museum Institute invited application for admission to MA Programs. The candidates eligible can apply through prescribed format before 30 June 2013.
National Museum Institute invited application for admission to MA Programs. The candidates eligible can apply through prescribed format before 30 June 2013. National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM) is a Deemed to be University under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, located in the National Museum, New Delhi.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 28 June 2013
- Date of written test and interview for M.A in History of Art Program: 8 July 2013
- Date of written test and interview for M.A in Conservation Program: 9 July 2013
- Date of written test and interview for M.A in Museology Program: 10 July 2013
- M.A. (History of Art)
- M.A. (Conservation)
- M.A. (Museology)
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- M.A. (History of Art): A Graduate Degree from Indian University recognized by the UGC or a recognized foreign University with minimum 50% marks. Desirable: A background in Social Science, Liberal Arts or Fine Arts.
- M.A. (Conservation): A Graduate Degree with minimum 50% marks in any of the following subjects: Chemistry/ Physics/ Geology/ Botany/ Zoology/ Computer Science/ Fine Arts/ History/ History of Art/ Architecture/ Archaeology/ Museology/ Designing or a Diploma recognized as equivalent to graduate degree in any of these fields.
- M.A. (Museology): B.A./ B. Sc. (Honours) or B.A./ B.Sc./ B.F.A. (3 years with minimum 50% Marks in any discipline under Humanities and Social/ Science. Desirable: A background / PG Diploma in subjects related to History of Art or Museum Studies.
Knowledge of one classical/ foreign language such as Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin, German, French, Italian other than mother tongue.
How to apply:
- Application forms can also be downloaded from the university website: http://nmi.gov.in
- Applications for admission duly supported by attested copies of testimonials may be sent to Assistant Registrar I/C, National Museum Institute, 1st Floor, National Museum, Janpath, New Delhi-110011 before 30 June 2013.