National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) invited applications for admission to various programmes for session 2014-15. NIFFT was established in 1966 by the Government of India in collaboration with UNDP - UNESCO to provide qualified engineers and specialists for running Foundry and Forge industries. It is an autonomous and Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) institute under Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
• Date of Issue of Application Forms: 22 April 2014 to 30 May 2014
• Last date for receipt of application forms for PhD: 6 June 2014
• Last date for receipt of application forms for ADC: 27 May 2014
• Date of written test for ADC: 29 June 2014
• Date of Declaration of Result for ADC: 15 July 2014
1. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
• Department of materials and metallurgical engineering (1 Seat): Major research areas include metallurgical engineering, computational materials engineering, materials science, ceramics and nano materials.
• Department of applied sciences and Humanities (1 Seat): Major research areas include environmental engineering, nano materials, thin films and applied sciences.
2. Master of Technology (M.Tech- 4 semesters/24 months): Admission will be through centralized counseling in Foundry-Forge Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials science and Engineering, Environmental Engineering.
3. Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech- 8 semesters/4 years): Admission will be through CSAB-2014 in Manufacturing Engineering and Metallurgy & Materials Engineering.
4. Advanced Diploma Course (ADC-3 semesters/18 months): Admission in Foundry Technology and Forge Technology.
How to Apply
• Application forms can be downloaded from the website nifft.ernet.in.
• Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with attested copies of all required Certificates / Documents, should be submitted to the NIFFT, Hatia, Ranchi- 834 003, Jharkhand, India.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
DU Admission 2018: Registration window for Undergraduate courses available now
DU Admissions 2018:Online Application Form available now, check here to apply
SNAP Exam 2018: Registrations commences; Exam to be held in December
IIM Calcutta lowers CAT 2017 Cutoff weight to 56%; Academics to weight 40%