CSIR- National Chemical Laboratory is the leading research laboratory under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). It invited applications for admission to PhD programmes of the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) for the session commencing in August 2013.
Name of the Programme
- PhD in Science
- PhD in Engineering
- Online application submission begins: 22 April 2013
- Deadline to submit applications online: 23 May 2013
- List of candidates called for Screening test/Interviews releases: On or before 31 May 2013
- Screening test/Interview conducts: 24 June 2013 and 25 June 2013
- Date of Counselling: 26 June 2013
- Last date for joining: 2 August 2013
For PhD (Science)
- Admission seekers must possess Masters degree in Chemical/Physical/Biological and related Sciences/Technology
- In addition to this, the applicants must be JRF/SRF holders from UGC/CSIR/DBT/ICMR/BINC/DST-INSPIRE/UGC-RGNF/UGC-MANF or possess any other equivalent research fellowship.
For PhD (Engineering)
- Applicant’s possessing graduation degree should have at least 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA or equivalent at the bachelors degree level (50% marks or 5.0 CGPA for SC/ST/PH candidates)
- Besides this, a valid GATE score more than the qualifying score for relevant subject; or a valid research fellowship offer from CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/BINC/DST-INSPIRE/UGC-RGNF/UGC-MANF or any other research fellowship programme
- Aspirants awarded BTech degree in the past two years are eligible to apply.
- This condition is not applicable for candidates having a valid research fellowship
- Candidate’s having Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering/Technology/related discipline must secured minimum of 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA or equivalent at the Master’s degree level (50% marks or 5.0 CGPA for SC/ST/PH candidates)
- BE/ BTech is desirable.
- Admission seekers should possess a valid research fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/BINC/DST-INSPIRE/UGC-RGNF/UGC-MANF or any other research fellowship programme
- Age Limit: Below 28 years as on 15 August 2013 (33 years for SC/ST/Women/PH/OBC candidates)
The candidates will initially be shortlisted on the basis of eligibility criteria. Shortlisted applicants will be called to appear in screening test and/ or interview at CSIR-NCL for the final selection.
How to apply
Interested and eligible candidates must apply online at the website http://www.ncl-india.org/
To acquire more details, please visit http://www.ncl.org.in/