Q. What should I do in case I am not satisfied with my board exam result for a particular subject and wish to improve it?
Ans. You can go for the improvement exam. Any candidate who has passed the CBSE Class X or XII Examination 2017 and wish to upgrade his/her grades, may re-appear for improvement of performance in one or more subjects in the main examination in the succeeding year only. Students cannot give improvement exam for additional subjects. Also for subjects involving practical work, if the candidate has passed the practical examination, he or she will have to appear only in theory part and practical examination marks will be carried forward.
The datesheet and question papers of improvement exam are same as regular CBSE board exams.
The candidates who appear for the improvement exam will be issued only ‘statement of subject wise performance’ reflecting the grade(s) obtained in the said examination but not the ‘grade sheet’ as for the regular candidates.
Steps to apply for CBSE improvement exam are:
1. Decide the subject(s) you wish to appear in the CBSE improvement Exam.
2. Check out the releasing date of application form which comes usually around mid of August.
3. Fill the form and submit it online on CBSE website along with one photo state copy of marks sheet and the requisite examination fees.
4. Wait for CBSE confirmation letter (admit card) that comes usually around January end or mid of February. Take a print out of your admit card to be carried to the exam centre.
5. Check your roll number, center of exam and time table of exam, all mentioned on your admit card.
6. Get ready for the exam(s) that are usually scheduled in the month of March
7. Wait for result to be declared till May end.
For further queries you may visit our QnA Forum myjosh.jagranjosh.com
You may also like to read:
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.