Reserve Bank of India has decided to introduce a new scheme of selection for recruitment of officers in Grade-‘B’ (DR), from recruitment year 2015. Under the new scheme of selection the examination will be computer based objective type questions and consists of two phases, viz., Phase-I and Phase-II, followed by Interview.
While Phase-I examination will continue as per existing Phase-I examination for Grade-‘B’ (DR), Phase-II examination will consist of three papers of which two will be compulsory papers and one optional paper. The compulsory papers are Paper-I on ‘English’ and Paper-II on ‘Economic and Social Issues’. The optional Paper- Paper-III will have options of subjects, viz., ‘Finance & Management’ or ‘Economics’ or ‘Statistics’. In Phase-II the paper on ‘English’ will be descriptive type and computer based, i.e. to be typed on computer screen with the help of the keyboard. Prospective candidates are advised that Phase-II of the examination will be conducted within two to three weeks of Phase-I of the examination. The new scheme of selection is furnished in the Annex-A. The Syllabi of all the papers are furnished in
(i) Examination will consist of two phases: Phase-I & Phase-II followed by interview.
(ii) Phase-I examination will be objective type with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The Phase-I examination will continue as per the existing Phase-I examination for Grade-‘B’ (DR). There are four subjects in Phase-I, viz.- General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning.
Duration of Exam and Distribution of Marks: Objective Type - 2 hours - 200 marks
(iii) Phase-II examinations will consist of three papers in MCQ pattern (except Paper-I) – viz. Paper-I on English (writing skills); Paper-II – Economic & Social Issues and Paper-III – (optional subjects) – Finance & Management/ Economics/ Statistics.
Duration of Examinations and Distribution of Marks : Three Papers - 300 marks
- Paper-I – online- English-( writing skills)- 1½ hours - 100 marks
- Paper-II – Economic and Social Issues – 1½ hours – 100 marks
- Paper-III - Optional Paper (Finance & Management/ Economics/ Statistics) – 1½ hours - 100 marks
(iii) Interview: 50 marks
The interview will continue in its existing format.
Points to Note:
- Candidates will be required to write all the papers online.
- Only successful candidates of Phase-I will appear for Phase-II examination on a later date.
- Based on the results of Phase-II examinations candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
- Final selection will be through merit lists which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase-II (Paper-I + Paper-II + Paper-III) and Interview.