Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar invited application for admission to the following courses for the session 2013 - 2014. The courses are affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneswar and recognized by the NCTE, New Delhi. The candidates eligible can apply through prescribed format before 28 June 2013. Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar was established in 1961 by Government of India. It is constituent unit of National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi.
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 28 June 2013
- Four year integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (PCM & CBZ)
- Four year integrated B.A. B.Ed.
- Two year B.Ed.
1. Science stream (Physical Science and Mathematics)
2. Arts Stream
- One year M.Ed.
- M. Sc. (life science) Ed.
- M. Phil in Education
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- Four year integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (PCM & CBZ): Pass in +2 Science with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. The candidate should have either the subject combination of (a) Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics or (b) Chemistry, Physics and Biology at +2 levels. Candidates who have passed +2 Science Examination before 2012 will not be considered for admission.
- Four year integrated B.A. B.Ed.: Pass in +2 Arts / Science / Commerce stream with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates who have passed +2 Examination before 2012 will not be considered for admission.
- Two year B.Ed.: Pass in +3 Degree Examination in Arts / Science with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates who have passed +3 Degree Examination before 2009 will not be considered for admission. Should have studied the subjects in any one of the following combinations at the +3 Sc. Examination (a) Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or (b) Chemistry, Botany and Zoology out of which she/he should have studied one subject for THREE YEARS. Should have studied at least two school subjects i.e., one from (a) & one from (b): English, Hindi, Odia & Bengali History, Geography, Political Science and Economics at +3 Arts Examination out of which she/he should have studied any one subject for THREE YEARS.
- One year M.Ed.: Should have B.Ed. with 55% marks in aggregate or B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A.B.Ed. with 55% marks in Education component.
- M. Sc. (life science) Ed.: Should have passed 4 Year integrated B.Sc.B.Ed. with Chemistry, Botany, Zoology (CBZ) as in RIEs of NCERT with 55% marks in each (Science and Education) or B.Sc. in CBZ with either Botany or Zoology studied for three years with 55% marks in aggregate and B.Ed. with 55% marks from any recognized University.
- M. Phil in Education: Post Graduate Degree in Education/M.Ed. with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
Tuition fee of ` 250/- per month shall be charged from every candidate except SC/ST.
How to apply
- Application Form can either be downloaded from the website: www.riebbs.ori.nic.in or obtained from the In-Charge, Academic Section of the Institute free of cost on request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Separate application form is required for each course and combination.
- Application for admission should be sent to In-Charge, Academic Section, Regional Institute of Education, (NCERT), Bhubaneswar – 751022 in the prescribed format of application form along with relevant enclosures on or before 5.30 p.m. of 28 June 2013.
- Each application form should be accompanied with (a) an application fee in the form of an account payee demand draft of Rs. 300/- only (non-refundable) drawn on State Bank of India or its associate banks in favour of “GENERAL FUND ACCOUNT, REGIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION, BHUBANESWAR” at State Bank of India, RCE Campus branch (Code No. 5302) Bhubaneswar-751022.