SBI Clerk 2016: Selection Process as per New Exam Pattern & Syllabus
In this article, few important topics from various subjects for qualifying SBI clerk prelims exam are revealed. This is very necessary to keep in mind at the preparation time as well as during exam time.for more details, Visit the article.
State Bank of India, the largest commercial bank of the country, has recently come out with the notification to recruit around 17000 junior associates in customer support and sales and agriculture discipline. The number of vacancies is huge since the bank is going to fill both regular as well as backlog vacancies. The preliminary examination is expected in May or June whereas the 2nd phase will be conducted after that. Many of you are wondering about the new recruitment procedure announced by the bank from this year. That is why, we shall try to decode it in this article
SBI Clerk 2016: The New Exam Pattern
State Bank of India has notified a new pattern of examination this year on the lines of IBPS Clerical examination. The whole examination is divided into two phases- Preliminary and Mains. Once you clear the preliminary examination, you are allowed to appear in the mains. Though there is a mention of holding interviews for the posts, it is unlikely that this will sail over after the Union Government has decided against it and IBPS Clerk selection process was also completed only taking into account the mains marks of the candidates
- Preliminary Examination: There will be preliminary examination for the SBI Clerical recruitment 2016. This will consist of English language, logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude and will be of 100 marks. The total time allotted for this will be 1 hour. The candidates who will be declared eligible on the basis of this examination, will be appearing in the mains examination
- Mains Examination: This will consist of general or financial awareness, quantitative aptitude, English language and logical reasoning and computer awareness. The total number of questions will be 190 whereas the total marks allotted will be 200. The marks obtained in this stage of the examination will be taken into account in the final merit list
- Interview: Though it has been mentioned in the advertisement that there may be an interview but that is subject to approval from the central government. So, it is still uncertain whether there will be an interview or not
SBI Clerk 2016 Recruitment: Syllabus
According to the official advertisement, the syllabus of the total recruitment procedure will be as follows:
- English Language: The English Language paper will be there in both preliminary and mains examination. The questions will be set on topics such as reading comprehension, paragraph formation questions, cloze test, error correction, phrase replacement, phrase or idioms etc
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section is also common in both prelims and mains. The questions will be from simplification, inequality questions, profit and loss, pipe and cistern, time and work, time and distance, percentage, mixture and alligation etc
- Logical Reasoning: This is again a common section in both prelims and mains. The questions will be from areas such as sitting arrangement, statement and argument, statement and conclusion, puzzles etc
- Computer Awareness: This section will be there in only mains examination and the syllabus will cover hardware based questions, software based questions, operating system, input and output devices, database management system, internet based questions, browsers etc
- General Awareness / Financial Awareness: This section will also be there in only the mains examination. This will cover static GK Questions, current affairs and banking awareness questions. The current affairs questions will cover the last 6 months events of both national and international importance. Static GK Questions will be from country and capital, country and currency, temples, airports, ports in India, tallest and biggest in India and the world, first in the world as well as in India, cabinet ministers of union government, state capitals etc. Financial Awareness section will cover banking in India, banking terminology, bank headquarters, slogans of banks, regulatory bodies in India etc
SBI Clerical Recruitment 2016: Assessment Technique
SBI Clerical recruitment will be carried out in three phases as of the advertisement. But marks of the mains examination and that of the interview will only be taken into account to prepare the final merit list. The marks of the preliminary examination will not be taken into account to calculate the total marks but it will be only for the purpose of eliminating candidates in the first stage. If there is no interview, the marks of the mains examination will only be counted to prepare the final merit list
SBI Clerical advertisement is very important for aspirants who have cleared IBPS Clerk and those who have not as well. SBI is an organization for which everybody wants to work because of the reputation and status it brings along with the job. Go for this golden opportunity with the best you have and crack it easily.
All the best!!